Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

pentastar head problems?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal Dealers?

So I have been reading and replying to the 3.6 issues on the thread that was closed my question to you who live in the Los Angeles area where is the best service department (dealer)?

I purchased mine from Glendale Jeep Ellis family stores they have bad reviews on yelp.

Mine has a lifter making noise at cold start up.

Never mind found it.

Last edited by MGM2; 08-21-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

I found some old post on some local dealers but nothing up to date any suggestions ?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

My sorry is a little different, the dealer put the wrong oil in during my first oil change(5w20 instead of 5w30) and within 2 weeks my engine noise was louder, I lost power and mpg.
My Tonka is at the dealer now for a yet to be determined length of time and I am driving a rental, that they are covering by the way. So far the dealer has been very honest with me and no B.S. lines. Its refreshing to finally fine a place that treats you with respect. No BS when purchasing it either. Good set of people there.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MGM2
So I have been reading and replying to the 3.6 issues on the thread that was closed my question to you who live in the Los Angeles area where is the best service department (dealer)?

I purchased mine from Glendale Jeep Ellis family stores they have bad reviews on yelp.

Mine has a lifter making noise at cold start up.

Never mind found it.
I think the major concern is getting your faulty vehicle fixed; we all know there's a problem. If it happens to you, like it did to me, the primary objective is to find a dealer that is honest and will correct the problem within a decent time frame.

It would be nice to return to the dealer you purchased it new from but, from reading a lot of these threads, this dealer may turn out to be unfriendly. At that point a call to Chrysler should be made; let them take care of the contacting your dealer or another one in your area to correct the problem.

A lot of people are truly becoming paranoid, I've said it many times in the other closed thread, the vehicle is under warranty; it will be fixed. I had to go through the worries or what ifs; it's not fun, but it will be fixed. There are worse things in life to get stressed over, believe me; I've been there.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Never buy a used jeep...my .02
Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is currently being "fixed" for the 4th time. It hasn't left the shop since I dropped it off 42 days ago. I have a good dealer and they are trying very hard but not having results. If today's fix isn't the one I am really going to press for a new motor. Chrysler is involved and it is at the senior engineer level. It seems that they have just been throwing parts at it the last couple of times with no result. It has truly sucked not having my Jeep for the better part of summer. Canceled family camping trip due to no Jeep.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 74CJ5
Mine is currently being "fixed" for the 4th time. It hasn't left the shop since I dropped it off 42 days ago. I have a good dealer and they are trying very hard but not having results. If today's fix isn't the one I am really going to press for a new motor. Chrysler is involved and it is at the senior engineer level. It seems that they have just been throwing parts at it the last couple of times with no result. It has truly sucked not having my Jeep for the better part of summer. Canceled family camping trip due to no Jeep.
Man, that sucks...cancelled camping trip...I loved camping trips when I was a kid.

Your kids must have been devastated!

I hope my 2013 (08/2012 Build) holds up for the long haul...

...the new seats are awesome!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I finally got my Jeep back! I will update on any issues moving forward or hopefully reporting that all is well! Wish me luck!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 74CJ5
Well, I finally got my Jeep back! I will update on any issues moving forward or hopefully reporting that all is well! Wish me luck!
Still going camping?

Good luck!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

i was wondering, when the head problem surfaced on the jeeps that have experienced this problem, what happened with the gas mileage? was there a loss in mileage that went along with it? i would think that a motor that started to run hot would start to run bad all the way around. could mileage changes be sort of a warning sign (precurser)of things starting to go south? mines coming up on 3,000 miles and i am still getting around 22 mpg on the highway and 19.5 around town.

Quick Reply: pentastar head problems?