Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does your Jeep handle after 4" of lift?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is driving great. Had some bad tires and know it rides great. Lift has around 2000 miles on it. RC 4" with adjustable control arms and 2.2 shocks
Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to say your not the only one. I got the same lift and my steering is flighty and if the road is tilted I have to fight it to keep it straight. I think I'm gun a take it to a shop and if I can't figure it out I'm just gun a put the stock springs back on.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have the 4 inch and cannot figure out why my steering is so flighty and getting bump steer. I.replaced the bolts. This has been going on for about 6 months now.. I think I have narrowed it down to.the rod end joint on the adjustable trackbar. And first it was very solid... after time I have developed some movement in the joint. I'm going to look at my options and either upgrade the trackbar or replace the rod end.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's one for keeping things simple....

This is ALL I have under my Jeep (see link below) for a 4.5" lift. Stock control arms, no cam bolts, stock drive shafts. The only thing I added to it was a rear adjustable track bar to center the axles. No bump steer, no flightiness, drives straight and handles very well. Probably in the next year or so I'll be getting a new Coast 1310 front drive shaft because the middle expansion (spline) boot is torn a bit, but that's about it.

http://www.trailmastersuspension.com...CKS&Active=Yes

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary, LOL.

Here's my Jeep...

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 10-04-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: How does your Jeep handle after 4" of lift?