Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Offroad accident in my JK... pics included

Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy hell, that sucks. glad you were okay.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

That's completely nuts.

First few pictures and I honestly thought this was a joke but man, what a story...

Glad you're ok.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

That's freaking crazy, man. I can only imagine lining up for something, bumping the gas just the right amount, then hearing/seeing/feeling a freaking log come through my firewall like that guy from Alien watching the thing bump out of his chest.

You should leave the hole in the firewall! Chicks dig scars, right???

Glad you made out with only (relative to what could have happened) minor injuries.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

dude im not even mad im impressed
Old 12-19-2010, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DirtyJeepJk
What was originally planned to be a nice easy New Years Day Run got sideways on me very quickly.

I believe what happened was that my drivers front tire caught the tip of a fallen tree that was laying paralell to the trail and it kicked it up or turned it in such a way as to jump up a bit and i was travelling at just the right speed and and at just the right angle ( i think the tree missed everthing but the brake line before it hit the firewall ) to drive it through the firewall upwards between the clutch and brake pedal grazing my groin and hitting me in the left side of my stomach pinning me to the seat. It happened really fast and very violently and i think the driver behind me had a better view of what happened but that's the best i can describe it. i've driven over logs and branches before and never even considered the idea of one coming up through the floor. i guess like any time i get hurt i always think that i could have been more careful, but it still seems like a one in a million type thing ( everyone who witnessed the accident seems to agree ).

Thankfully I was wheeling with a group and they were able to transport me out to get medical attention. They also took care of my Jeep and have made it so much easier for me to concentrate on healing. I am forever grateful for there help. Thanks again Ian, Tom, Blair, Martin and the rest of the guys.

I wasn't being careless, but in the future I will certainly be more careful. I've heard of other incidents similar to mine since it happened, but never before. Please be safe on the trails.

As you can see in the pics, i have some damage to my torso ( my " boys " also took a hard shot and are swollen to 3 times normal size and are dark purple ). There was internal bleeding that stopped on it's own without surgery, and i have damage to my kidney and bowel that require another visit to the trauma Doctor. In the meantime i have some time off work to heal, I am very swollen/ bruised/ stiff and sore but everything seems to be working OK.

there is a small peice of tree missing from the pics that i had to break off in order to exit my Jeep.

here are some pics...

wow i bet that scared the shit out of you
Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

Thats insane! Glad you made it out fine
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Original post dated 01-05-2008. Although this is insane. Im assuming hes OK since this was posted almost 3 years ago.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Know it is an old post, but first time have seen. Will show to a couple of my men to tell them the importance of not driving fast over felled timber, since we patrol many trails. Glad you were OK.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

holy crap! definitely glad you are ok, and thanks for posting. Had no idea this was even something to consider.

any diamond plating or anything out there, as a mod perhaps, to protect against this?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 PM
JK Freak

I'm so glad your gonna be ok. You have amazing friends too .

Quick Reply: Offroad accident in my JK... pics included