Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

It's time: '09 Appraisal Request

Old 06-30-2019, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to post Appraisal Request?

Looking to sell my JK but have been out of the game a while and would like to get an idea of what to realistically ask for given the mod's it has. Figure I can get an honest answer here. Where would the appropriate place to post this be? Was going to do the Billboard but I don't have a asking price yet.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-01-2019, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's time: '09 Appraisal Request

The time has come. Was saving the Jeep to use with my Son when he was old enough but another kid + 2 unsuitable cars + possibly a new house means it's time to let go. I have not been active here for several years and don't know the market, especially with modified Jeeps. Hoping some of you can give me a realistic street value/listing value for private sale.

2009 2Dr X Jeep Green, Automatic
51,000 miles, 20,000 on doors [img]file:///C:/Users/DANNEB~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/img], Garage Kept
Unfortunately, very few trail miles, Florida owned/trails
Linex'd tub
4" Rancho lift on 35" Firestone MTRs with ~50% life
ARB Cover in Rear
5.13 Gears
Superchips
Full JL Audio System (MSRP $3500) w/ stock head unit (was concerned about theft in Miami) (MHD 900/5 Amp, CL441DSP signal processor with factory radio (concerned about theft in Miami w/o doors) C5-650 Seperates for Fronts (dynolined factory speaker box), MX770-CCX-SG-TB 7.7” rear speakers in factory location (also dynolined) FS110-W5-SG-TB Subwoofer mounted to Tuffy deck behind drivers seat.
Optima Yellow Top w/ Battery Tender and custom accessory block with Circuit breaker for quick disconnect of accessories and spare leads ran behind glovebox for easy expansion.
Drake Hood latches
K&N Filter
Cibie Headlights with HID's in both Headlights and fogs (5000k? headlights, 3000k fogs)
PIAA 520 Lights
Bulldog Stubby Front Bumper w/Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch
LoD Rear bumper w/tire mount
Finishline West Stonehenge Series Rock Rails
Tuffy Smart Deck installed (Original Rear Seats never used kept in-house)
Wet Olke Seat Covers
Tatton 1310 Driveshafts with <1000 Miles
Spider Shades mesh top, Factory Soft cover/windows stored but no guarantees can be made on fitment/looks as I haven’t used it in ages.
Farmjack
Halcron Fire Extinguisher (3-4 years old but still shows good charge)

There is a minor dent in the Right Rear quarter panel where some idiot (me) left the tire unlatched while pulling out of the driveway. Not huge but noticeable I was either going to throw armor over it or get it pulled.

I also have factory X bumper somewhere, ~30k miles on it if I had to guess?

I appreciate any help or insight ya'll may be able to give.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You should really find out the value of an unmodified vehicle similar to yours (miles, location, year) and go from there. While it may look cool and you've got some money into it, you shouldn't expect much return on the mods. You may be better off removing them and asking a realistic number- but the market may vary where you are. You may luck up and find the young kid that wants to have that exact vehicle.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Your best options would be to go on autotrader.com and cars.com, and look for 2009 2 door Sport with similar features as yours and see where their asking prices are, then add $2-$3K for low mileage if you find any in your mileage range. Don't plan on getting any return on investment for the mods and consider you may have to actually have to reduce your asking price for the mods, Then further subtract $2-$3K for slapping that JKO sticker on it but add $2-$3K if you put a JK Forum sticker on it instead.

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-02-2019 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Unfortunately agree about mods. You're not going to get the value you think they are worth. Lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, winches.....when selling private or trading in, it's very difficult to recapture the value in those things.

Quick Reply: It's time: '09 Appraisal Request