Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

jeep wrangler unlimited floor mats

Old 09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeep wrangler unlimited floor mats

Hi all I have a 2012 JK unlimited it is the altitude in deep cherry red (see profile pic) my question is this, I am looking for the slush mats to use over the winter monthes, should I get the morden warfair 3 ones or just the reg oness. My son is in the Navy and I was thinking the MW#3 ones as a backing to him. in looking at them the basic ones are like 70 bucks and the MW3 are 114. any info on both of these would be nice from anyone thats has them

Thanks
Mark
Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to be an ass, but how does buying floormats with a video game logo on them support or back our military? If anything it's just going to give Activision a kickback on the licensing.

I'd say get the standard ones and take the price difference and donate it to something like the USO or Wounded Warrior Project. Just my .02.

And thank your son for his service.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Not trying to be an ass, but how does buying floormats with a video game logo on them support or back our military? If anything it's just going to give Activision a kickback on the licensing.

I'd say get the standard ones and take the price difference and donate it to something like the USO or Wounded Warrior Project. Just my .02.

And thank your son for his service.
He just likes that game. plays it with his navy buds all the time, that was were that part came in but I do understand your comment above and no you are not an ass at all. I had ask the question and knew that I would get stright answers from the users here so please do not feel that way, I was hopping to hear how go or bad these mats were and it they were at a good price, or if i should go with other mats for the winter, want to keep the carpet in good shape.

Thanks again for the reply

respectfully
Mark
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

I had the mopar mats in my 2 door. They were nice but just got a '13 4 door and I kinda want something with a bit more protection. I think I'm gonna try the quadratec liners.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gotcha. As far as the mats themselves, the COD version look identical to the standard. I've not seen them in person, but I'd be they are the same mat with the addition of the logo, hence the price difference.

I ran the regular Jeep slush mats for about 2 years in my previous JK, and I'd rate them about an 8 out of 10. Some guys have had problems with the heel of their shoe wearing a hole in them, but I never experienced this. Mine barely showed any wear when I got rid of the Jeep. They look cool and and work pretty well. My only complaint is they don't hold a tremendous amount of volume like some other mats do and they do not curve up on the sides to fit against the trim panels. I had my carpet in, and dirt would work it's way under the mats.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have quadratec front liners in my 2door. It literally takes me 30 seconds to vacuum my jeep.( when I actually do) usually I just take the mats out, dump them and put them back. I'm coming up on a year with them and when I rinse them off they look brand new. Great product.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

check out weathertech, pricey,but worth it
Old 09-27-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012 Sahara
what he said
Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Ditto on the Weathertechs. Had mine for a few years and love them. Want to get a set for my Tacoma too. Originally had the slush mats but they wore out in just over a year.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2012 Sahara
Good call. We have the 'digital fit' set in my wife's Highlander. The fit is about as perfect as you can get, great coverage and holds in all the kid's spills.

Quick Reply: jeep wrangler unlimited floor mats