Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone do a 3.8 stroker kit?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if theres a company making a twin screw for the 3.6?
Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NebraskaUnlimited
Does anyone know if theres a company making a twin screw for the 3.6?
Avenger makes a roots super charger for the JK however it's for the 3.8
w ww.avengersuperchargers.com
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Along with a stroker, wouldn't you be able to get some performance from larger valves, heavy springs.. maybe decking and porting the heads?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love cubic inches - a hemi or LS swap is great, then add the blower or turbo to it. Even if he gets the 3.8 stroked he can add FI after. Blower has instant on, all the turbos I've run have had a noticeable delay when you get on the throttle. The turbo whine isn't as intoxicating as a supercharger either, but that's just me.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICTjku
Along with a stroker, wouldn't you be able to get some performance from larger valves, heavy springs.. maybe decking and porting the heads?
I wouldnt bother with porting or anythng other than maybe some good springs and unshrouded valves... these are low rev motors.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
I love cubic inches - a hemi or LS swap is great, then add the blower or turbo to it. Even if he gets the 3.8 stroked he can add FI after. Blower has instant on, all the turbos I've run have had a noticeable delay when you get on the throttle. The turbo whine isn't as intoxicating as a supercharger either, but that's just me.
I am willing to bet that I can squeeze some inches out with a set of DSM rods and a stock crank offset ground or 4.0 Pacifica intetnals... i am doing this only because I will rebuild this engine anyway- regardless of the FI.

Quick Reply: anyone do a 3.8 stroker kit?