Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo rear coilover or lever system?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread with lots of info. The couple of options are for pretty extreme crawling and flex based on the rigs that currently have these options and are responding here.

What about for the novice just getting into this? Would you recommend one of these over the other? Or what about the enforcer kit for starters and then can that kit be upgraded with either coilover/lever?

Can you still crawl with the EVo Enf or was it not really created for that? Apples and oranges at that point, which is why I ask cuz I'm still new to this world, yet envy all the build talk and looking to learn and gain experience.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK JAGS
....Can you still crawl with the EVo Enf or was it not really created for that? Apples and oranges at that point, which is why I ask cuz I'm still new to this world, yet envy all the build talk and looking to learn and gain experience.
You can crawl with the stock suspension, seriously, any suspension is sufficient enough to get you out into the terrain of your choice. A well designed and thought out coilover set up allows you to really make light work out of obstacles and situations that traditional lift kits struggle with. Some of the benefits of a coilover suspension vs. a traditional coil and shock set up are; on car adjustability of ride height, easier to dial in suspension ride settings (firmness or softness), easy to rebuild, and the key advantage of much greater suspension articulation.

Nothing wrong with being a new guy, everyone has to start at somepoint. And at least you are asking questions! Now go wheel what you have brother

Last edited by GCM 2; 10-22-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

The Evo high clearance long arm kit for the lever system is also something worth considering. I didnt see anyone mention that in this thread but getting those control arm mounts up and out of the rocks will be huge.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK JAGS
Great thread with lots of info. The couple of options are for pretty extreme crawling and flex based on the rigs that currently have these options and are responding here.

What about for the novice just getting into this? Would you recommend one of these over the other? Or what about the enforcer kit for starters and then can that kit be upgraded with either coilover/lever?

Can you still crawl with the EVo Enf or was it not really created for that? Apples and oranges at that point, which is why I ask cuz I'm still new to this world, yet envy all the build talk and looking to learn and gain experience.
Yes, all of our kits are built to rockcrawl.

I just noticed how close you are to us, Stop by the shop we can talk over the options

Quick Reply: Evo rear coilover or lever system?