Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Jeeps with Half Doors

Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeeps with Half Doors

I have a 08 with half doors on a silver jeep wrangler unlimited. Why have here been so few ordered/sold? I love my set up for flexible playing. No clue why the whole doors are better sellers. Any input is appreciated. I have looked a the new jeep but I will not buy one without half doors so silver used jeeps are my limiting factor so I can reuse my doors. Any thoughts from those making the decisions?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Soccer moms
Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

I prefer full doors because of the working window for winter months. And I figure if the weathers good enough for the half doors then Id rather take the doors off completely anyway. I also don't really like the way the unlimited looks with all the halfdoors for reasons I can't explain haha.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tricky0s
I prefer full doors because of the working window for winter months. And I figure if the weathers good enough for the half doors then Id rather take the doors off completely anyway. I also don't really like the way the unlimited looks with all the halfdoors for reasons I can't explain haha.
X2 I agree with everything except for how they look. I like them just like full doors better
Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know either. I love them and they look sweet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00426.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	379126
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The half doors look really good, I've noticed you don't see many
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

They don't sell. I love them but, the winter time issue scared me off
Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Half doors make sense on a 2-door because it's easy enough to just reach over and unzip the passenger side when you want the windows open. I think they're too much of a pain on a 4-door because you have to get out and walk around to unzip them all, especially since the primary reason for the 4-door (for me, at least) was to have kids in the back (and kids are notoriously indecisive when it comes to wanting their window open/closed). Once they're old enough to work the zipper themselves you can get away with that, but for small children in the back, power windows are really nice to have. Never thought I'd want power windows on a Jeep until I had kids.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

i've had the zippered windows before, just too inconvenient to use for me.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

I like my half-doors on my TJ and was looking to get them on a future new Jeep.

However the Jeep website won't let you build one with half-doors and leather/heated seats. When you add half-doors, it removes those two options.

Given that choice I think I agree with Tricky0s and just remove full doors when the weather's right. I might freeze on the way to work, but my butt would be toasty!

Quick Reply: New Jeeps with Half Doors