Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Control Arm Question

Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower Control Arm Question

I have the 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift and for the most part I love the lift. It does feel a little flighty and I was told that the lower control arms would fix the problem. I have enough to get one pair and was thinking of getting the fronts only. Would this fix the problem and is it ok to only do the fronts right now and do the rears later?
Old 11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Fwiw I am stock height and tires, I have a BDS 3 inch waiting to go on but I am slowly piecing together suspension components, I put rk adj lowers on the front and haven't touched others and they work fine, real beefy product
Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

The adjustable ctrl arms will allow you to fine tune your caster. So you can get that sweet spot between drive shaft vibration, and steering. Too much either way is not a good thing. Just do a search, there are plenty of threads reguarding the issue that go into great detail. HTH
Old 11-03-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by grover0878
I have the 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift and for the most part I love the lift. It does feel a little flighty and I was told that the lower control arms would fix the problem. I have enough to get one pair and was thinking of getting the fronts only. Would this fix the problem and is it ok to only do the fronts right now and do the rears later?
Yes you only need longer front LCA's to add a little caster. This should help the on-center feel of your steering. The rears are really only useful for moving the axle back and rotating the diff up to fix pinion angle issues for aftermarket DC driveshafts.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adjustable front upper CAs would help adjust your caster as well. Your kit didn't come with any adj arms at all?
Old 11-03-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought rc 3.5" mid arm flex for jku2012. Any length recommendations?
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added the RK adjustable LCA's to my TF 2.5" lift and made a big difference in the ride. I highly recommend the mod.

FYI... I adjusted them to 23 1/8".
Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check the toe in first. May save you some cash. Should be in 1/8". Improper toe in can affect handling. A lot of shorter lifts come without adjustable control arms.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keithvegas
I would check the toe in first. May save you some cash. Should be in 1/8". Improper toe in can affect handling. A lot of shorter lifts come without adjustable control arms.
Toe in should not be effected after installing a lift with the design of the jk steering system. Most likely it's the caster that's not dialed in.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same lift. Same problem (flighty steering). Front adjustable LCA's and problem solved. Get that castor back in spec.

Quick Reply: Lower Control Arm Question