Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hardtop wiring issues

Old 11-04-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed hardtop wiring - rear wiper runs constantly

I just installed the hard top wiring harness but have not flashed. Is it normal for the rear wiper to go on constantly (i.e. as soon as the battery is reconnected) even when the wiper switch is off and there's no key in the ignition?

This is on a 2009 rubi unlimited, unflashed to my knowledge. I'm the original owner.

Last edited by spore; 11-06-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would cause the rear wiper to be running constantly? Is this the tap/splice vs cut issue with CAV 27 on Connector E? I currently have it tapped.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spore
What would cause the rear wiper to be running constantly? Is this the tap/splice vs cut issue with CAV 27 on Connector E? I currently have it tapped.
If the computer hasn't been flashed, then that is most likely your problem. Just leave it disconnected untill you get it flashed.

Quick Reply: Hardtop wiring issues