Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Deal On AEV 2.5" with Geometry Kit

Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Deal On AEV 2.5" with Geometry Kit

Looking into purchasing the AEV JK Dualsport 2.5" Suspension lift with geometry kit. Where would be the best place to purchase this kit and who offers the best deal? New to my jeep as well to this forum and looking forward to all future advice and recommendations.

2012 JK Unlimited Sahara
33" Duratracs
17" ProComp 7005
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its really hard to find any aev products on sale, I think Northridge is offering free shipping right now on all aev stuff.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have the product in stock , Free shipping and if you are in California you will have it in three days at the most and no tax.

David
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the community! If you have any questions about our JK products feel free to let us know. David @ northridge is also a great guy to talk jeeps with whether it is our products or others. Good luck with the build.

RK
Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm not going to tell you what to do or what lift to buy. But aev is over priced for what you get. You can get a mid arm for about the same price. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for quality but with aev your paying for name alone. I'm not one of these people who say you should buy what I bought. But I have done my research. I suggest for you to do some and if you still want aev go for it.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Northridge 4x4 rocks!(: got my diff covers in 3 days
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JKingAround
I'm not going to tell you what to do or what lift to buy. But aev is over priced for what you get. You can get a mid arm for about the same price. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for quality but with aev your paying for name alone. I'm not one of these people who say you should buy what I bought. But I have done my research. I suggest for you to do some and if you still want aev go for it.
There are a bunch of great brands to choose from. I compared AEV with Teraflex when I was shopping for a kit.

The AEV 2.5 is $900. A TF 2.5 is $770.

At first the TF kit looks cheaper, but if you replace the TF 9550 shocks with Bilstein 5100s, the TF kit comes to $848.

The AEV kit also comes with a rear track bar. Add that to the TF kit with Bilsteins and you now have between $1000 and $1100 for a TF kit with the same part set as the $900 AEV kit.

One of these kits might be better than the other. I haven't tried both so can't say. But as far as money goes, the AEV kit includes more for less money than a TF kit with a trackbar and the same shocks. I didn't compare prices this carefully with other brands, but there is no free lunch with any lift kit.

I wouldn't let a 10% - 15% difference in price be the deciding factor though. A person needs the kit that looks like it will work best for the way the Jeep will get used.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

The one thing I know for sure is that I want a 2.5" suspension lift. I would like to here from those that experienced the same scenario (what brand to go with) as well as what they considered and what they ended up going with. Pics would also be great.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM
JK Newbie

I'm looking at a 2.5" lift as well, but really don't know what vendor to look at - for 2.5" is a track bar really needed? will replacing the control arms with longer ones really add more flex with a 2.5" lift? What are the major differences between Rock Krawler products versus AEV or TF?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 AM
JK Freak

i have been running the aev 2.5 kit for a while now and it is fine, although i will be upgrading shortly. I think when people jump on the band wagon about the aev kits being overpriced they are truly uninformed. the 2.5 kit is right there with everyone else. the larger lifts may not follow suit though. when u get into the 3.5 and 4.5 kits the price is high and there are plenty of options and kits have different components. other aev products like bumpers, etc. are expensive. the 2.5 kit is a good kit and a fair price at $899. i think this kit is an exception to the high prices and lack of components found in other aev kits.

to the op: AEV has strict pricing set on their stuff. you will NOT find deals on their kits. however, a vendor may be able to give you a deal on another product purchased in conjuction with the aev kit to make up for it , like some disco's or a front trackbar

the kit is descent for the price...u are getting a kit for 900 bucks that works fine outta the box. nothing else needed.

Quick Reply: Best Deal On AEV 2.5" with Geometry Kit