Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumpers...bumpers....BUMPERS!!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpers...bumpers....BUMPERS!!!!

Hello all, this is my very first post on this site and I am really excited. I would dive into how excited, but lets just stick with i am a proud jeep owner.

With that being said i am also doing away with my stock mistress and trying to class her up with some after market hocus pocus. First on my list is to powder coat my black sahara wheels, but i think that i got covered and at what i think is a fair price of $40 a wheel not including mount/dismount.

Now for me, the only hood worthwhile upgrading to is the AEV Vent Hood. Looks awesome and since i dont think i will ever have a need to drop my windshield, it makes the most sense. (not opposed to keeping stock, but i am more or less getting it purchased for me due to some horse trading)

My big question, is bumpers, and more specifically the front bumper. Rear will get replaced, but i have done less research into it.

At first glance, the AEV Premium is good looking, smooth, and merges nicely into the fender flares... which surprisingly enough, that is very important to me.
After doing more and more research, ARB has a great looking front bumper that is similiar, arguably slightly more aggressive, and cheaper...

Fab Fours also make some solid bumpers, but for me personally, the styling just seems over the top, but at the same time, i have heard great things. Any of you have these bumpers that swear on them, please tell me what specifically you like and why the others dont offer it.

I am not a crazy off roader, but every now and then my southern comes out in me and i get wild.

i will eventually get a lift and bigger tires, but after reading about various warranty issues, i will wait until it is expired.

Cheers!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to The forum. Let the mods begin
Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum Sodidrank. Check out Lod's bumpers.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

Welcome to the forum. I am a big fan of the OR-Fab Mako full width bumper, but I may be a little biased....

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-14.jpg
Views:	1408
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	388637 Click image for larger version

Name:	83228.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	388639

also available in non-winch version
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8324cropped.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	388638  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

I'm fixing to order the JCR offroad front/rear bumpers. They come unfinished so you can paint them yourself. Moderately priced too.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hubs
Welcome to the forum. I am a big fan of the OR-Fab Mako full width bumper, but I may be a little biased....

Attachment 388637 Attachment 388639

also available in non-winch version
Those are sick!!!! They are mega aggresive, so i will need to run it past the boss. I was wondering if there is a need for a relocation or heavy modification for this? I am not really interested in making massive adjustments to my frame.

Cheers!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

For bumper research, I recommend the Quadratec web sight. They have a lot of brands. When you find one you like, just go to the company's web to get further details. I have JCR in the front. It will clear any wheel size I might step up to, and it's seriously beefy with all the things I wanted; built in winch plate, mounts for stock fog lights, and room for aftermarket lights. In the rear my advice would be to get something heavy duty, with a hitch, and if you plan on going big in the future, dont get one that wraps too far forward toward the wheel well. Also, spare carrier should be a concern. On my rear I went with M.O.R.E. Heavy duty with a tire carrier that attaches to the tailgate for single latch/handle operation. Good luck with your search!!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

Originally Posted by sodidrank
Those are sick!!!! They are mega aggresive, so i will need to run it past the boss. I was wondering if there is a need for a relocation or heavy modification for this? I am not really interested in making massive adjustments to my frame.

Cheers!
Glad you like it

The only relocation needed is a little vacuum canister pump on the 12's for which we sell a bracket for $25 and it is a very easy install. Will probably take you longer to remove the factory bumper than to get this one installed on your JK.

Also, all OR-Fabs products are manufactured in the USA and when you do shop around you will notice we are very competitively priced.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

My personal favorite

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121115_183137.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	388919

Name:	ForumRunner_20121115_183229.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	388920   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121115_183412.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	388923  
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I have to recommend the Expedition One core series mid width bumper. Recessed winch mount, factory fog holes, light mount tabs, and only 65 lbs

Name:	sector790692.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	388962  

Quick Reply: Bumpers...bumpers....BUMPERS!!!!