Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dash / interior clips - where to get spares?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine worked perfect.....for the main instrument panel any how.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is good news!, i am sure that info will really help some people out, thank you.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re clips

the part number in happy's post is what i ordered, mopar Part Number: 68002742AA

they should be in tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

might also want to put a tiny dab of epoxy or super glue on the clip at the sintrument panel Piece.. those clips are designed to grab hold of the plastic bezel piece .. if you have pulled a clip off you will notice on your bezel piece a groove or 2 whether the clip slid off.. this new clip will slide right off if you take your dash apart again unless you help it to stay on the bezel piece... and yes they are very tough to fish out, esp the ones for the center stack bezel..
-Christopher
Old 02-20-2008, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank goodness! I Thought we'd never find a solution! Come oil change time, i'm putting an order in!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default re clips

Those clips are the ones for the center dash panel removed to acces radio and heater controls. They are not the ones for the cover above the radio, they are to big. Has anyone found the clips for the cover above the radio. My dealership is working on it... supposedly... my guess is they won't put to much time into finding a 1.50 clip... but you never know...:-)
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cgtweet
Those clips are the ones for the center dash panel removed to acces radio and heater controls. They are not the ones for the cover above the radio, they are to big. Has anyone found the clips for the cover above the radio. My dealership is working on it... supposedly... my guess is they won't put to much time into finding a 1.50 clip... but you never know...:-)
Open the link....the first clip is the one for the center console/panel.....the second one fits the top panel.....

http://www .trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214583

remove the space after the w's
Old 02-25-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2terpsjeep
lost a clip installing the daystar dash panel... ordered these things, keep your fingers crossed for me that these actually fit. i think someone said that their dealership had them for $1.50/piece, with shipping these turned out to be a little over $2/piece. will let y'all know what comes of it.

-edit- i meant to say i order the ones from northstar fasteners... they say they're for a ford but look like they're similar enough to fit.

DO NOT ORDER THESE, THEY DO NOT FIT !!

they're longer than the oem ones. they look like you could still fenagle (sp?) them in, but even after some creative crimping and shaving out some of the slot they fit into with a utility knife, they still just didn't work. i ended up just taking two self tapping 1" black screws and going straight through the plastic on the windshield side, so you wouldn't see them. i noticed someone else said they used glue, but i want to be able to take this off later if i ever need to access any of the components.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Jax
JK Newbie

Has anyone come up with the correct part number for the clips that fit the top cover?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jax
Has anyone come up with the correct part number for the clips that fit the top cover?

Thanks
This is the bag from the dealer.....just print it off and show it to them to order for you.

Quick Reply: Dash / interior clips - where to get spares?