Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Systems

Old 03-17-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Systems

I have been shopping around to get a new exhaust system. Does anyone have any opinions so i can get the best performance. Please let me know.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a friend who owns a local exhaust shop and went that route. I am very happy with it. I am a serious critique when speaking about power "adders", especially on the JK, but this is one mod I can honestly say added some. Not a huge amount, but right in the range where it needs it, around 1500-2000 RPM. It's not a fancy mandrel bent system, but it does the job. You'd never feel the difference between die and block and mandrel bending anyway. I used a Magnaflow straight through muffler relocated under the driver's side, by the way. Here's my original thread with pics and a video to hear the interior sound level. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/new-cat-back-installed-73800/
Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3.8 + aftermarket exhaust = cool noise That said I do like the MRBP relocated catback system
Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

MBRP has a soundclip on youtube for you to hear what there exaust sounds like! Mine is on order!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the wood muffler relo kit, sounds pretty good, have had about a 1mpg increase in fuel economy.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got a Flowmaster 40 series slapped on my JK for $150 even at a muffler shop in town. Sounds good and gave a little boost to performance and mpg
Old 03-17-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

Default X2

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I have a friend who owns a local exhaust shop and went that route. I am very happy with it. I am a serious critique when speaking about power "adders", especially on the JK, but this is one mod I can honestly say added some. Not a huge amount, but right in the range where it needs it, around 1500-2000 RPM. It's not a fancy mandrel bent system, but it does the job. You'd never feel the difference between die and block and mandrel bending anyway. I used a Magnaflow straight through muffler relocated under the driver's side, by the way. Here's my original thread with pics and a video to hear the interior sound level. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73800
I did the same thing- same Magnaflow and location. It's a little on the loud side but I like it that way.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

The March issue of JP magazine has an "exhaust shootout" article in it. It doesn't go in too deep technically but it does rate a bunch of cat back systems by completeness of kit, ease of install, anf noise levels. It might be on their website too.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the dual borla axle back and love it very nice idle and awesome sound when you give it some gas.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wheezer
The March issue of JP magazine has an "exhaust shootout" article in it. It doesn't go in too deep technically but it does rate a bunch of cat back systems by completeness of kit, ease of install, anf noise levels. It might be on their website too.
Yes but those tests are all on a TJ, so I would take all of those ratings with a grain of salt since the engines are very different

Quick Reply: Exhaust Systems