Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

AEV 2.5 dualsport lift or Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 2.5 dualsport lift or Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel?

I have a 2010 Jk that is in need of a lift. I am stuck between the AEV and Rock Krawler 2.5" lifts. both seem to have good reviews and are within my price range. The AEV lift is significantly cheaper but does not come with replacement control arms. I have gotten mixed messages about replacing the stock arms...is it worth the extra cost? Do the aftermarket bushings really make a great difference? Are the stock control arms stong enough for moderate off road use? Will the longer arms change improve my highway driving?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put on the AEV 2.5 and couldn't be happier.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Subscribed. I'm looking at the same 2 lifts because of reviews and progressive rate springs.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Idaho
I put on the AEV 2.5 and couldn't be happier.
^ what he said...

IMO, the dual sport is great if you consider yourself more of an overlander than a rock crawler and if the question ever comes up regarding factory warranty, etc. I think it's one less thing the dealer can point a finger at since you can always argue that there are Jeep Dealerships that sell AEV vehicles on the showroom floor.

Last edited by DJ1; 01-24-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you have the money for the max travel go for the rock krawler, aev is over priced.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Very interesting article. Helpful for this issue

Less Is More: Jeep Wrangler JK Suspension - Jp Magazine
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got the aev 2.5 . i don't rock climb so it works well for what i do. and it rides great on pavement
Old 04-30-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PConway
I have a 2010 Jk that is in need of a lift. I am stuck between the AEV and Rock Krawler 2.5" lifts. both seem to have good reviews and are within my price range. The AEV lift is significantly cheaper but does not come with replacement control arms. I have gotten mixed messages about replacing the stock arms...is it worth the extra cost? Do the aftermarket bushings really make a great difference? Are the stock control arms stong enough for moderate off road use? Will the longer arms change improve my highway driving?
Longer arms on JK will do you no good. The whole long arm idea was needed for the higher lifted TJ's to flex properly. The JK's are a much better design in terms of suspension. Like said before AEV is NOT meant for rock crawling but is a superb highway and moderate off road lift. I'm installing mine this weekend. Rock Krawler is nice is you do a lot of flexing and like the name says rock crawling. I went AEV because of the progressive rate front and rear springs where as rock krawler is only front. I also like the idea of custom tuned shocks to match the spring rate. People will say it's overpriced because of what you actually get in terms of parts vs. other kits parts. Your getting higher quality engineered parts with AEV so basically paying for the engineering more the less.

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5 dualsport lift or Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel?