Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Routing antenna & power wires

Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Golleee--- some great stuff. I feel as if I've had a private lesson on engine parameter tuners thanks to Xodius. I might look around for a gently used one --- and I hope you'll feel comfortable telling us the manufacturer/model of the tuner. Also I sure agree with Sahara_Maverick ...I hope JK-jeepit will post a lot of great pictures in this thread and maybe start it as a new one, as well. I have a difficult time visualizing some things. Good stuff folks. I do like the idea of the 7-foot antenna. After all -- that is the stuff that sends and captures the signals. I think I'll be stuck with a hamstick mounted on the spare tire carrier. A bigger concern is --- where to put the radio(s) inside the Jeep. The vehicle is actually my wife's .. and she drives my Suburban. Go figure. But I'm not complaining. Have a great --- safe --- weekend folks. Randy K4LJA
Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

It's a flashpack 3875.

I saw on their site there have a on the fly one now too. However that one is over $600! No thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by k4lja
...I hope JK-jeepit will post a lot of great pictures in this thread and maybe start it as a new one, as well.
not sure what all you'd like to see.... but here are some pics of some bonding and other stuff associated with my radio's .... some of the pics are random...

Jeep Radio Stuff Photos by kd5shr | Photobucket
Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

JK-jeepit ...

That was quite an impressive collection of photos. One I'll have to review time and again. Anyone struggling with vehicle engine noise in HF/Vhf radios would be well served to study your engine/body/frame grounding techniques. Your wire routing pictures are excellent, too. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Randy K4LJA
Monroe, Louisiana
Geaux Tigers: Geaux Saints

Quick Reply: Routing antenna & power wires