Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

U Connect

Old 02-16-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A Filthy Oar
My unit is non Sat but has the telephone button. When I click uconnect it also says not available. Do I have to buy some special part to make this work? My vehicle is an 07 Wrangler.
The Sure Fire Way to know 100% that you don't need an extra Module to make Uconnect and VR to Function is.... >>>>>>> RER..........or ........RHR.....these two sets of three Letters are the Units that have All Features That a MyGig system can have and to make each function work for you, you add the secondary Hardware....

Bluetooth and Voice Recognition.....

Standard Mic ........
Back-Up Camera..........
Camera and Harness and/or a Over Priced Hacker Box

Head Rest Monitors or
Other Monitors and Hacker Box

IF YOUR SYSTEM DOES HAVE RER OR RHR IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER, YOU WILL NEED A UCONNECT MODULE TO MAKE ANY VOICE FUNTIONS WORK.......HAVE FUN
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by backwoodjk
What is the three letter sales code on the lower right front corner of the radio?

If it is a factory installed RER, the radio has uconnect and the microphone for it.

If it is an RES, no uconnect.
I know for a fact that my radio has "RES" on the bottom right corner, and I for sure have Uconnect. Bought it from the dealer brand new, so it hasnt been added aftermarket, and it is on the build sheet and window sticker. Mine is a 2013 though, im not sure if they changed things in the past few years.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hawkdriver1108
i know for a fact that my radio has "res" on the bottom right corner, and i for sure have uconnect. Bought it from the dealer brand new, so it hasnt been added aftermarket, and it is on the build sheet and window sticker. Mine is a 2013 though, im not sure if they changed things in the past few years.
rer.....and....rhr...

Are the only mygigs that have uconnect built in the unit....the unit he has here would have to have it added as a separate unit to make it function and he could have it done before picking it up or could have it added on anytime ...those units or any other model of these head units can easily have features added..

The new units that are only the ram, dart and 2014 grand cherokee are a whole different ball game.

The rer and the rhr just need a mic, a mic is not included with the unit....

The uconnect he has here is a module with a mic and that plugs into the head unit.....
Old 02-16-2013, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Here is the mic for RER and RHR....

Attachment 422976

Here is a mic for all other MyGigs...not RER or RHR

Attachment 422977

Attachment 422978
Old 02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Mine just says RDS and has a little disc logo, but when you press the Uconnect it says unavailable. So is this easy to make work or I should just get another unit?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by firefighter53111
I believe I use to have the 130 RER. Now I have the 730 RHR
Sorry I just looked. The 130 was RES. The mic is located in the A pillar plastic.

Quick Reply: U Connect