Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

River Raider Expedition Snorkel Vs. Rugged Ridge Snorkel

Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer

I agree, I haven't heard much in the way of leaking and such but there have been a few posts around here with a variety of issues. While RR will probably take care of you and replace it if you find a fault ... I'd rather not 'find' this fault when I am fording and intake some water. A bit too late at that point.

AEV has been tried, tested and true. RR's snorkel is still relatively new on the market. A part of me still does want to go with the RR but I don't want to be screwed over in the end dam choices.
I felt the same when I ordered my snorkel. In fact, I first ordered the aev then called back two days later and changed my mind and I don't regret it.

My advice is to inspect the kit before you install it. And then Do some research about common findings and always check the snorkel before you cross water. But to be completely honest the only complaint I heard was the seal to the airbox not sealing and the person who this happened to actually admitted putting too much sealant and clamping the pipe too early causing the rtv to act as a lubricant instead of sealant. So honestly...this seems more like an install issue than a production issue.

I think if the snorkel was THAT faulty then we would hear a lot more bad things about it.

What other issues about rugged ridge have you heard?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other then the cheesy clamps for the airbox lid I have had no issues and think it a great product.

Quick Reply: River Raider Expedition Snorkel Vs. Rugged Ridge Snorkel