Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control arms

Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arms

Just removed my 2" leveling lift and had a Teraflex 2 1/2" coil lift installed. It drives ok, but it wonders a bit. What do I add next? Trac bar to bring the axle back to center. I measured and its off a little. Control arms? Lower or upper fronts? Do I need to do the rears at the same time? After that's done do I need to realign?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes adj front track bar, and adj front lower control arms Link to other members experiences.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...5-lift-262746/
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Alignment ? (Toe)

Psi ?

Lowers will help with caster yes
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by Cpthulk
Just removed my 2" leveling lift and had a Teraflex 2 1/2" coil lift installed. It drives ok, but it wonders a bit. What do I add next? Trac bar to bring the axle back to center. I measured and its off a little. Control arms? Lower or upper fronts? Do I need to do the rears at the same time? After that's done do I need to realign?
Front adjustable Control arms are you first ticket, A Teraflex Monster Trac bar is also a good addition. Rears aren't required just yet. You can do your own front end alighment with afew simply tools. There are good writeup on this forum covering alignments , also PM sent

Last edited by 69mach1; 03-12-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Upper and lower control arms do basically the same thing, just backwards from each other. Front lowers will push the bottom of the housing out a bit, raising caster and lowering the pinion. Front uppers will pull the top of the housing back a bit, raising the caster and lowering the pinion. Either will work, but lowers are generally considered to be the better choice as they give a better range of adjustability.

You don't need to do the rear at the same time, just replace as your needs/budget allows. At 2.5", there shouldn't be a huge hurry to get the rear done unless you notice a problem.

There is a Basic Do It Yourself alignment writeup in the writeups area. None of it is difficult. If you can handle installing trackbars and control arms, it'll be easy stuff.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Alignment ? (Toe)

Psi ?

Lowers will help with caster yes
Alignment was done at the time of lift. Running 28 psi all the way around.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need lowers at least. Then a track bar.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat. Just added an RK track bar and Tie rod, front lowers are next on the list.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same lift and added Rock Krawler Front Adjustable Lower Control Arms and Adjustable Track Bar... drives straight as an arrow.

I bought mine from Chris at JeepAddOns on of our forum sponsors and he gave me a lot of great advice!!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds good thanks.

Quick Reply: Control arms