Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Want DR'S to cancel like new cars

Old 07-21-2018, 10:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want DLR'S to cancel like new cars

Hello. I'm new here and this format is different from other forums I've been on. I hope I'm in the right place.

I just put new projector LED headlights with halos on my 2010 JKU. I'm trying to wire the halos to be DRL's that cancel with the turn signal like the new cars. My plan was to branch off of the turn signal wire (before the blinker) for each side and use relays to turn off the halo. I have everything wired and it all works when I test it by touching a wire to the battery, simulating the turn signal being activated. My problem is that the wiring in the turn signal lever does not have a positive (when activated) wire for the right and left sides as I expected. It has 4 wire and two of them are hot. It's amazing that that lever can do the blinkers and headlights with only four wires. How can I get a constant positive (or ground) with each side so the relay can do the cancelation?
Thanks
Aaron

Last edited by aaron81006; 07-22-2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-22-2018, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Why not pull power from the side marker lights? They did not blink out of the factory. To adjust that, some folks would have the ground wire drop out when the turn signal was activated. Search YouTube abs you should get a better idea. Maybe it'll work for your DRL idea as well.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Karl. The side markers don't change with the turn signals like I need them too. That mod creates blinkers which I may do later but now I need a constant change. Thanks

Last edited by aaron81006; 07-22-2018 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Additional info

Quick Reply: Want DR'S to cancel like new cars