Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2008 Jeep Wrangler X Transmission Issues

Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
i took mine to the dealer ship today and they are going to be putting a clutch in it. it whines when the clutch is out and if you put ever so slight pressure on it stops.
mine goes in Wednesday for the same thing they say it's the disk but it sounds like the preload on the throwout bearing TSB from last year. The dealer is having a DC rep look into it and check mine out for possible bearing and disk replacement .Does anyones shift stick on here move excessively when you hit bumps? mine tends to shake about 10-12 inches from side to side when i hit bumps is this normal? from what i am hearing they may be some bad '08 tranny's according to my dealer he said they have had quite a few calls and mine was the first he had looked at with the '07 grinding noise from the throwout bearing. I hope they can remedy this because i love my jeep!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Hey All You JK People,

Apparently there are some issues with the JK Manual Transmissions and clutches. There are a few TSB's out for the Transmission and for the Throw out bearing which will make a loud chirping to squealing sound that will stop when you lightly ingage the clutch.

TSB_06-002-07 and TSB_06-004-07

I've had my Jeep for a month and it's in getting repaired right now. Don't let the dealership try to tell you it's normal for the jeep to make that sound..

Enjoy Jeeping.

Peace..
Old 04-02-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

mine made that nosie after i wheeled a bit and shifted into 2wd and drove a bit. it stoped for now but i think that i shiould have it checked out for fear of haveing all those problem s down the road
Old 04-02-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh my god man 3 transmissions? WTF Lemon law those bastards. That is simply bewildering! I would be yelling too! Think about it…can you imagine what this guy is going through! New Jeeps aren’t cheap FFS!

We should be thanking this guy for taking the time out of his absolute shit day to write about what’s been happening to him so we can ALL TAKE NOTE. LET THE GUY YELL IF HE WANTS!
GIVE HIM A BREAK!

Last edited by cmpmacchia; 04-02-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Jeep Wrangler X Transmission Issues