Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Poll

Old 10-25-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Poll

We have a 13JKU Sahara and a 2012 Mustang GT. Now for the Poll, a dealer near us just got in a
2dr.Rubi that they ordered wrong. I can get a killer deal on it if I trade the Mustang. Question is do I
need 2 Wranglers? Or keep the Mustang Gt. Thanx, in advance.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Stang.............
Old 10-25-2013, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are going to take advice on something like this from people you've never met on the internet?
None of us know the particulars of your situation.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Default Poll

Originally Posted by panthermark
You are going to take advice on something like this from people you've never met on the internet?
None of us know the particulars of your situation.
No particulars involved, just wondering if we should have 2 Wranglers or not.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hate to say it, but I think that's a question that only you can answer. Nobody "needs" 2 jeeps, nor do they "need" a jeep and a mustang. I think you've got to base it on what's going to make you happy and don't look back. I got rid of my Hemi Charger when I got my jeep, and I can tell you that it's a little sad sometimes when I step on the gas and the rear wheels don't spin and make smoke, but on the other hand, I smile every time I get in the jeep and put the top down, so I consider it a fair trade.

Good luck, and enjoy whatever you decide.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Default Horse or another Jeep

Originally Posted by 7kings
Hate to say it, but I think that's a question that only you can answer. Nobody "needs" 2 jeeps, nor do they "need" a jeep and a mustang. I think you've got to base it on what's going to make you happy and don't look back. I got rid of my Hemi Charger when I got my jeep, and I can tell you that it's a little sad sometimes when I step on the gas and the rear wheels don't spin and make smoke, but on the other hand, I smile every time I get in the jeep and put the top down, so I consider it a fair trade.

Good luck, and enjoy whatever you decide.

I'm thinking like this even though I have the best of both worlds. But to me, its almost like the Rubi deal is too good to pass up.
Human nature to save money when you get older. Rubi would be cheaper to insure than the GT.....
Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Tough question...I just traded my lifted '06 2dr Rubi and '09 Mustang GT for a shiny brand new 2dr Rubi with all the goodies and I have no regrets. Sometimes I do miss the 'stang, but the way I look at it, last year and this year are some of the fastest for stock GT's, so I will wait a few years and when I can afford it, pick up a used one. I'd say go with the Rubi, especially if it's a good deal; you could always sell it if you need to.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are haters! Sometimes it's helpful to get other opinions on a subject even if you don't know them. I would keep the Mustang, you got best of both worlds!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

absolutely get a 2dr rubi if you have a 4dr sahara. two different beasts all together. Been trying to get my wife to trade her car for a 2door wrangler to go with my 4door rubicon.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Default Invest wisely

Just for snits and giggles....

Using KBB dealer sale numbers:

Mustang GT
2013 new $29k
2008 60k miles $16k
Loss value in 5 years ($29k - $16k) = $13k = 13/29 = 49% loss of value

Jeep Rubicon 2dr
2013 new $30k
2008 60k miles $23k
Loss value in 5 years ($30k - $23k) = $7k = 7/30 = 23% loss of value

Although none of us choose a car for economic reasons, most of us use economics to justify the choice we made.

Quick Reply: New Poll