Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2014 JKUR Build

Old 11-09-2013, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my Teraflex spare tire carrier. It is a very solid unit, with no rattles. The tailgate shuts like you are shutting the door on a bank vault.

I almost went with a BFH rear bumper, but the BFH rear bumper is designed to be used without a spare tire. There is no cut out for the spare tire, so I would have ended up having to space the spare tire either too high or too far away from the Jeep for my taste. And I just have 35" tires, so I'm sure the problem would also exist for 37" tires. You may want to check into spare tire clearance before ordering that BFH bumper.

I ended up going with an Expedition One trail series rear bumper, made out of aluminum. It lets me keep the spare tire tight against the back of the Jeep, and it only weighs 35 lbs. Combined with the aluminum Teraflex tire carrier they make a light weight and trim set up, without the bulk of swing away tire carriers mounted on the bumper. Here is a picture so you can see what I'm talking about with the spare tire being tight up against the Jeeps body. A full width rear bumper might not look right if you go with flat fenders though.

The rest of your build looks good, ... except for missing about 200 hp.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Need a bit more help. After looking at the Rubicat build I decided to switch from the brawler lite bumper to the Evo 1/4 pounder with the Pure Jeep winch guard. Anyone else tried this too? Seems to be bolt on just like the Evo Stinger?

Still going with Teraflex carrier but going to run no rear bumper for now and use the Evo D Ring mounts to stick with the Evo MFG theme.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Sounds great! Like some others have sugested,, to strengthen the front end,, Molly shafts, I would do RCV's to make it right!! Cant wait to see the pics
Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Just called Northridge 4x4 to make a few updates, here is the final build sheet for my new Black JKUR:

Evo Quarter Pounder Front Bumper
Pure Jeep Winch Guard
Evo Front and Rear Bolt on King Coilovers
Evo High Clearance Long Arm upgrade kit
17" ATX Slabs with Black powder coat ring
37x12.5 17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Front axle Gussets, Sleeves, and Ball Joints
4.88 Gears
Front and Rear 1310 Driveshafts
Front and Rear Dynatrac Diff Covers
Rear axle Chromoly Shafts
AFE Cat Back Exhaust
Fox Steering stabilizer
Teraflex Hinge Tire carrier
Evo D Ring frame mounts

Build starts of December 13th and I will pick it up on the 21st!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Looks like a great build sheet, can't wait to se picks. My 2 cents, on my build I wish I had bought the bullydog programmer instead of the procal.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Op.....
I hope your enjoying these upgrades! Share some pictures with us. I have been looking at your build and it's really close to what my plans are for my 2014.

Quick Reply: New 2014 JKUR Build