Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" lift - 37's - Now what?!

Old 12-23-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" lift - 37's - Now what?!

Greetings everyone! I've been debating my next move and figured I would ask for some thoughts. Besides the basic axle mods (waiting on ball joints to come in and then I'll be throwing my evo gussets on), I'm trying to decide on either a new lift or just adding a body lift. I'm completely ok with my 3" bds lift (fox 2.0's added) but I would like a bit more room to stuff these 37's. I like the lcg that the 3" gives me. Unfortunately I don't have time between work,school, and having a newborn to justify a coilover and long arm setup so I'm weighing my options. Can anyone lend some advice?

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JArnold41
Greetings everyone! I've been debating my next move and figured I would ask for some thoughts. Besides the basic axle mods (waiting on ball joints to come in and then I'll be throwing my evo gussets on), I'm trying to decide on either a new lift or just adding a body lift. I'm completely ok with my 3" bds lift (fox 2.0's added) but I would like a bit more room to stuff these 37's. I like the lcg that the 3" gives me. Unfortunately I don't have time between work,school, and having a newborn to justify a coilover and long arm setup so I'm weighing my options. Can anyone lend some advice?

What kind of offroading do you do? very few people actually need 37s let alone coilovers and long arms. Hell i run some decently hard trails out here with guys on 37s and 40s and I only have 35s. Most of them run long travel shocks and coils or air shocks. Also your profile is not filled in so we have no idea what you all have to make any recommendations. Coilovers are damn nice, but imo there best when your fabbing and building a rig with lots of custom variables.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the same lift and currently at 35" tires. Going to 37" in future. I know I would shy away from body lifts. Start with flat fenders, pinch weld mod and it already looks like you are covering the gussets etc. That's a start but I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your jeep? Got a picture of how it sits?
Old 12-23-2013, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

I like to push it when I do go out. I live in NE TN where there's tons of trails. Also very close to windrock and black mtn offroad parks. It's not a question of tire size but more of what's the best way to achieve more articulation . Thanks for the quick response!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi

I like to push it when I do go out. I live in NE TN where there's tons of trails. Also very close to windrock and black mtn offroad parks. It's not a question of tire size but more of what's the best way to achieve more articulation . Thanks for the quick response!
Articulation really just comes down to shocks. Collapsed, Extended and travel and what will fit your rig. Your the only one that can measure what would be best on your rig. Also do you plan on moving shock mounts and such or no? It will put more stress on bushings and such.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Pinch mod and chopped fenders have worked awesome but I'm still wanting more room to flex.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2091440935.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	518728

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1301974401.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	518729
Old 12-23-2013, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Oh and it's a 2010
Old 12-23-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Jedi

Pinch mod and chopped fenders have worked awesome but I'm still wanting more room to flex.

Attachment 518728

Attachment 518729
You dont necessarily need more room to flex, it all comes down to the shock size you can fit in your current set up. If you make more room and cant use the flex theres no point. You need to measure your shock mounts On full bump and see what you get. Once running about 28-29" extended shocks you will start running into coil issues. Also body lifts arent necessarily a bad thing either.

Do you know the dimensions of your current shocks?

Last edited by Maertz; 12-23-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

flat fenders will give you more room for articulation then a lift will. As stated before your shock set up will have more of an affect on maxing out your suspension travel.

Quick Reply: 3" lift - 37's - Now what?!