Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

YouTube build of my complete axles being replaced with Dynatrac d44 and d60

Old 11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YouTube build of my complete axles being replaced with Dynatrac d44 and d60

So I wound up doing a major overhaul...

Ended up totally replacing both front and rear axle assemblies/differentials plus both driveshafts and also regarded to 5:13 and went from 33" to 37"

Went with Dynatrac axle assemblies, the pro rock models, used RCV axles up front

Got Goodyear MTR/K's in 37"x12.5"x17"

I basically replaced everything from the tires and rims on up stopping at the transfer case, but I did keep the factory brakes, did replace the brake lines with stainless braided ones that are a bit longer

The video covers 3 1/2 days by taking one picture every five seconds

If your a Jeep fanatic you'll probably love it, otherwise it'll put you to sleep!

http://youtu.be/4JOUAdsK4UY Matthew
Old 11-19-2013, 02:51 AM
JK Junkie

Congrats, on the mods. The 37's look nice
Old 11-19-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Freak

Very cool vid, congrats on all the mods! loved the dog in the shop on day two, that was funny!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Wish I could find employees with that much pep in their steps
Old 11-19-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

I hate to be "that guy" but the question still burns with me- why didn't you go with beadlocks considering all of the other money that you threw at the truck?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2013, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

great vid, the dog cracked me up!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls
I hate to be "that guy" but the question still burns with me- why didn't you go with beadlocks considering all of the other money that you threw at the truck?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
ATX Slab Beadlocks were on my list of key pieces, but it turns out they are illegal in Maine, and it was a little too much money to spend on chance

I'm keeping my factory wheels/tires just for inspection, I might pop for the ATX slabs next spring...

Spent a lot on this round of mods and if or now I went with cheap pro comp rims that I really liked and they were only $88 a piece

The ATX slabs are like $1,500 for a set its definitely something I can swing later on, I just got to a point where I crossed into a level well above the original plan...

Big thanks to David at Northridge...I just wanted the Dynatrac pro rock 44 but he threw out a package deal price if I got the pro rock 60 that was way too tempting

My local shop looked at the specs and they told me to grab them for that price as they couldn't even buy the components for what I could buy them for completely built and delivered!

It's been 3 weeks now, I spent the early evening at the driveshaft shop and the driveshafts are all done, just waiting for a package coming tomorrow with some bolts needed to finish off the job

I have a noon appointment to get the front end aligned Thursday

Then we're doing a short road trip getaway for the weekend, good shakedown cruise considering how much was replaced...

After that we're off to Connecticut for thanksgiving and thats like 350 miles round trip

So hopefully it runs as good as it looks

I think sign ups for jamborees opens up for the lucky bastards who belong to the platinum club...

Matthew
Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Definitely a cool video and a nice looking jeep
Old 11-20-2013, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool 👍

sent while the wife wasn't looking...

JDub
O\[][][][]/O
Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Junkie

Thats an amazing rig

Quick Reply: YouTube build of my complete axles being replaced with Dynatrac d44 and d60