Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Filson Special Edition AEV Brute JK

Old 01-18-2014, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Ram Powerwagon will do everything that JK will do for half the money. It is a very nice build but no longer really a Wrangler. The price is irrelevant. Someone will buy it.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its beautiful and all, but from what I saw, appears to be missing some items that I would think would have been deemed very important for true Jeepsters, such as locking diff's, etc, etc. I don't see indicators for the items that I would want in a true Jeep, nor were they in the list. This thing is made for some rich person to show off in the streets of Malibu, not to actually use for serious Jeeping. Which is a shame and a waste in my opinion. I would never spend so much money on something missing such "vital organs". I would tell Filson that if you're gonna do something, do it all the way and do it right. Don't just 'badge' it and call it good. But that's my opinion, and I mean no offense to anyone.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ironically, Filson's tag line is "You Might As Well Have The Best". It's sewn onto every Filson label. So, I agree that the Wrangler is the best, but one dolled up to look good and not perform really isn't "The Best!"
Old 03-10-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still waiting for the Walmart edition.

Better yet, since Jeep is owned by Fiat now maybe they will release a Spaghetti Western edition.

Maybe it would sell for a "Fist Full of Dollars" instead of "A Few Dollars More".

Either way, being a Jeep you are sure to get "The Good. The Bad and The Ugly".

Quick Reply: Filson Special Edition AEV Brute JK