Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawling Rubicons

Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mall crawling Rubicons

I just don't get it... I see soccer moms left and right driving rubis as their daily driver. A female I work with owns an 07 rubi, and she says it has never been off road. Why spend the extra cash when you will never use it for what it's meant for?!?! Is it because of the rubicon decal that makes it worth the extra 5k? Again, I just don't get it..
Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
I just don't get it... I see soccer moms left and right driving rubis as their daily driver. A female I work with owns an 07 rubi, and she says it has never been off road. Why spend the extra cash when you will never use it for what it's meant for?!?! Is it because of the rubicon decal that makes it worth the extra 5k? Again, I just don't get it..
Sometimes peace of mind goes a long way. I'll never wheel my jeep super hard as long as it is my daily driver. I don't have another vehicle at all right now. Now I do of course get down in some mud and hit light trails quite a bit, but if money was no option and I was to get a jeep strictly for daily driving, why not get the Rubicon and the extra's just in case you need 'em AND have better resale value.

Having a 4x4 and not wheeling it is on par with having a sports car and not racing it. Yeah, its a waste of money if you don't need it, but that don't mean its not cool to have anyways.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why do people buy Mustang GT's with the Track Package if all they do is drive to work?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rustyshackleford
Need a tissue? Why do you care what other people buy? That's what I don't get.
I don't care, I just don't understand it. Waste of coin to me. However, I guess if you have money to blow and want the best of something for no reason like many people do, then yeah, go for it. Does this response sound ok to you? Or do you think I need more tissues?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke
Why do people buy Mustang GT's with the Track Package if all they do is drive to work?
Touché....
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't care, I just don't understand it. Waste of coin to me. However, I guess if you have money to blow and want the best of something for no reason like many people do, then yeah, go for it. Does this response sound ok to you? Or do you think I need more tissues?
The majority of people in the real world just buy things, most don't even know there are forums for their cars, or what they're actually capable of.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The soccer moms don't even know the difference in a Rubi and a Sport. They just know it's the "top of the line" because it's the most expensive, so they must have it. Just means more off-lease Rubi's on the lot for the guys that want them later on.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

The mall crawled rubicons are the ones you want to buy down the road. We need those in the future. No one will want my modified, trail-worn rubicon when Granny used hers to pick up laxatives and prune juice from the pharmacy.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

You should be happy they buy Rubicons, this helps keep up the demand and alows Jeep to keep the Rubicon model as part of their lineup. Hell, maybe they just like the mud terrains and extra buttons, why do you care anyway?

If they have the cash to buy a Rubicon just to drive the kids to soccer, who cares, just wave when you see me driving my daughter to daycare in MY Rubicon.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 71Luber
The soccer moms don't even know the difference in a Rubi and a Sport. They just know it's the "top of the line" because it's the most expensive, so they must have it. Just means more off-lease Rubi's on the lot for the guys that want them later on.
That's true.. I didn't really think of it that way.

Quick Reply: Mall crawling Rubicons