Notices
Jeep Liberty Overall Jeep Liberty technical discussions. This includes all Jeep Liberty models.

No luv for Liberty?

Old 12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No luv for Liberty?

OK. I know a liberty is at best a "baby Jeep" or worst a "ladies Jeep" (no offense, ladies), but I have a built JK Unlimited and a Liberty. Each has its own purpose.

I have motorhome. I flat tow my Jeeps. Depending on what I want to do:

Moab, Ouray, Rubicon, or anywhere in my home state of Arizona, of course it's the Wrangler. Can go where I want, when I want. Explore anywhere.

Cross-country travels, sight seeing, mild 'wheeling, higher motorhome gas mileage, hands down Liberty.

I'll be clear - the Liberty ain't no Wrangler. But we've been in some pretty amazing places with it and it's a great "toad".
Old 12-14-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
OK. I know a liberty is at best a "baby Jeep" or worst a "ladies Jeep" (no offense, ladies), but I have a built JK Unlimited and a Liberty. Each has its own purpose.

I have motorhome. I flat tow my Jeeps. Depending on what I want to do:

Moab, Ouray, Rubicon, or anywhere in my home state of Arizona, of course it's the Wrangler. Can go where I want, when I want. Explore anywhere.

Cross-country travels, sight seeing, mild 'wheeling, higher motorhome gas mileage, hands down Liberty.

I'll be clear - the Liberty ain't no Wrangler. But we've been in some pretty amazing places with it and it's a great "toad".
Since seeing this one I dig 'em.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep liberty.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	516850
Old 01-12-2014, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I first got laughed at with mine BUT after 15 min it was like WOOOOW could do as much as the TJ's an such but held my own, I do miss it
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unless it comes from the factory with a Rubicon badge... all I have to say is, "Poser".

Other than that is just a sup'ed up Suzuki Samurai...

They're for high school chicks. Don't care how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still a pig.

Originally Posted by catahoula
Since seeing this one I dig 'em.

Attachment 516850

- sent while my wife wasn't looking
Old 01-12-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JDub23
Unless it comes from the factory with a Rubicon badge... all I have to say is, "Poser". Other than that is just a sup'ed up Suzuki Samurai... They're for high school chicks. Don't care how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still a pig. - sent while my wife wasn't looking
Wow so I'm guessing that everyone on here that has heavy or just slightly modded Sahara or x that can outperform a rubi is a poser. Or those that have non rubi and spend a lot of time offriad are posers to?
Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was in the market to buy my wrangler I had this salesman try slamming me with this Liberty he had on his lot. No way he was ever gonna talk me out of a wrangler and into a liberty. I told him that, but he kept trying. Gotta give him an A for effort.

With that being said, I don't ever envision a Liberty parked in our garage, but I have seen one near our area a couple times that is black and all decked out. Lift, bigger tires, a Gobi rack or something, and a bunch of off road lights on it. I have to admit, you do take a second look at it cause it does look very sweet for a Liberty.

After I get done modding my Jeep or very near and get all the big stuff out the way, I think I'll turn my head towards purchasing a Kawasaki T-Rex and then mod it. Have me a pretty sweet street rig as well as an off road rig.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
OK. I know a liberty is at best a "baby Jeep" or worst a "ladies Jeep" (no offense, ladies), but I have a built JK Unlimited and a Liberty. Each has its own purpose. I have motorhome. I flat tow my Jeeps. Depending on what I want to do: Moab, Ouray, Rubicon, or anywhere in my home state of Arizona, of course it's the Wrangler. Can go where I want, when I want. Explore anywhere. Cross-country travels, sight seeing, mild 'wheeling, higher motorhome gas mileage, hands down Liberty. I'll be clear - the Liberty ain't no Wrangler. But we've been in some pretty amazing places with it and it's a great "toad".
are you aware that Mopar tapped into the ladies in the market for what they wanted in a jeep and it is the Liberty design? True story. Little things, like when you drop the visor, open the mirror, it views directly into the rear seat, at the height of a child. Nonetheless, own it! Cheers!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No thanks on the KJ's unibody.

Originally Posted by JDub23
Unless it comes from the factory with a Rubicon badge... all I have to say is, "Poser".

Other than that is just a sup'ed up Suzuki Samurai...

They're for high school chicks. Don't care how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still a pig.

I love teenage girls. They drive the coolest cars!

I guess he's a poser and wear's lipstick.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Junkie

*Calls out Libby owners for being posers, realizes most Jk owners are daily drivers picking up groceries and kids*

Some people are just ignorant as hell. Get over yourself and your retarded biased opinions. There are smart cars that would roll over your "built" jeep. Does that mean you wear lipstick and shop at Forever 21?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls
*Calls out Libby owners for being posers, realizes most Jk owners are daily drivers picking up groceries and kids*

Some people are just ignorant as hell. Get over yourself and your retarded biased opinions. There are smart cars that would roll over your "built" jeep. Does that mean you wear lipstick and shop at Forever 21?
^^^^^this lol. I'd say the first gen lib was better than the current

Quick Reply: No luv for Liberty?