Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hemi or LS swap

Old 06-26-2016, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Don't forget to check with RPMExtreme for there LS kits. Talk to Jon, they have a very nice diy kit or you can have them do it. I went with the diy kit, 6.0 with the 6L80E and I am very pleased with the turn out. I know he has improved the kit even more from my version so install is even cleaner and easier. Plus there support is outstanding he has gone above and beyond in helping me with any questions I had.
Yes. I am definitely looking at other companies now. So far I checked out JeepSpeedShop and RPMExtreme. Does anyone know of other companies selling kits? I know several companies sell kits from JSS, MOTECH, and RPMEXTREME, but any other developers out there?
Old 06-26-2016, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Spytec128
Yes. I am definitely looking at other companies now. So far I checked out JeepSpeedShop and RPMExtreme. Does anyone know of other companies selling kits? I know several companies sell kits from JSS, MOTECH, and RPMEXTREME, but any other developers out there?
I did my kit fro JSS and it has been solid. Complete build was $12k with '13 truck 5.7 Hemi. No matter which kit, all have there own set of challenges. Get with someone that had done the install and educate yourself of all the obstacles. There are many points of advice that will save you hours of frustration.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lupo-JK
I did my kit fro JSS and it has been solid. Complete build was $12k with '13 truck 5.7 Hemi. No matter which kit, all have there own set of challenges. Get with someone that had done the install and educate yourself of all the obstacles. There are many points of advice that will save you hours of frustration.
I believe most kits are solid after the obstacles are worked out. Most of the people I have noticed with problems seem to be the ones piecing their project together. I do plan on using a kit but I want to make sure I review all the kits before I make a decision.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2009 Jk I completed a Hemi swap using a 2010 Ram 5.7 drivetrain coupled with the Jeep Speed Shop kit. Very pleased. I considered the LS as well but for my budget, level of experience (none) and research, the Hemi was for me. I don't see how a LS swap could be done for the same money as the Hemi. For me, I would not waste my money doing a 5.3 swap. I am very pleased with my truck Hemi and its power, even with the extra 150 pounds or whatever it is.

Here is a link to my spreadsheet and swap experience

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...dsheet-332076/
Old 06-29-2016, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Da20captain
I have a 2009 Jk I completed a Hemi swap using a 2010 Ram 5.7 drivetrain coupled with the Jeep Speed Shop kit. Very pleased. I considered the LS as well but for my budget, level of experience (none) and research, the Hemi was for me. I don't see how a LS swap could be done for the same money as the Hemi. For me, I would not waste my money doing a 5.3 swap. I am very pleased with my truck Hemi and its power, even with the extra 150 pounds or whatever it is. Here is a link to my spreadsheet and swap experience https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...dsheet-332076/
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have already started down the LS path. I have an engine, transmission, and transfer case. I also bought the radiator from Motech and the xfer case adaptor.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default H

Sweet man! Best of luck. Keep us all posted.

Quick Reply: Hemi or LS swap