Notices
Fun in the Sun General discussion forum regarding all the fun things we Jeepers do with our Jeep JK Wranglers including camping, fishing, hunting, and geocaching.

Top gear

Old 08-05-2015, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always irked me the whole "BBC vs USA Top Gear" bs. Watch them both for what they are, scripted entertainment. Yea the American version is primarily rehashed ideas from BBC ones, but the last few years of BBC ones are just rehashes of older ones anyway. You have a remote if you don't like 1 or the other, there's plenty of other channels besides History and BBC America
Old 08-05-2015, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tandem
Always irked me the whole "BBC vs USA Top Gear" bs. Watch them both for what they are, scripted entertainment. Yea the American version is primarily rehashed ideas from BBC ones, but the last few years of BBC ones are just rehashes of older ones anyway. You have a remote if you don't like 1 or the other, there's plenty of other channels besides History and BBC America
Agreed. They were easy to compare from the start, but now they have become totally different shows. I loved BBC's take on high end cars. They can be pretty critical of the supercars, yet still mock them for how ridiculous they are. I also enjoy the USA's version. If you only had $5k to spend on your first car, which would you buy to learn to drive a stick? Then they take kids who don't know how to drive a manual, and make them race. That's hilarious!
Old 10-30-2016, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

nothing like the original top gear.. (british)

Quick Reply: Top gear