Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How do you take the dash around the radio apart?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you take the dash around the radio apart?

Hi guys - in my efforts to play behind the dash a little I can't seem to figure out (without risking breaking something) how to pull the front face plate off the center console area / dash where the radio & HVAC stuff is located. I figured out there's a pop-off lower panel at the very bottom, pulls off easy. Then there are two small screws at the bottom of the upper panel. Once these two screws are off, do I just try to pull from the bottom? Or are there some other tricks to this?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The top panel pops off at the rear and pivots up and toward you. Then you will find two more screws at the top. If you have a compass the sensor is under that top panel, so be careful. Remove the four screws and start pulling at the outer edges. There are 6 clips, 3 per side holding it in.

I'll stop here, there is a great thread in the write up section with pics, have fun!!

Quick Reply: How do you take the dash around the radio apart?