Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock stereo questions

Old 02-25-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock stereo questions

Is there a big difference in sound quality and loudness when going from the standard stereo to the infinity package or are you just paying for a sub? I just want to be able to hear it clearly with the top down on the high way over the mud tires. In my TJ the stock set up seemed to suck on the highway. Is worth paying the extra money for the upgrade. I am not into replacing speakers and upgrading head units and not looking for anything extreme
Old 02-25-2007, 05:39 PM
cablerep79

I have the infinity system and I think it sounds great for a stock system with the top off. I'm usually cruising with the sound at about 80% and I can't hear any road noise at all, just ask the ambulance that was behind me the other day My only complaint is the sub needs to be a little beefier but overall I'm satisfied. I traded in a mustang with the Mach 1000 system and the extra thump is all that I miss. I plan on replacing the 6's for Alpine eventually and adding a 10" "portable" sub w/amp eventually but I'm in no hurry (can't really be in much of a hurry for ANYTHING aftermarket right now lol). Everyone's got their opinion but I don't see upgrading the head unit or adding anything really expensive audio-wise since I plan on having the top off 90% of the time.

On a side note, I think the stock tuner sucks but I don't listen to terrestrial radio anyway.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont listen to terrestrial radio either, I have a sirius plug and play unit on all the time.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default Options

As far as the Radio Option on the X, I was configuring on Jeepwarehouse.com

First of all, I do want Sirius Radio.
I would like the "S" package w/some other options as well

I was taking a look at the FWP Pricing

6 Infinity Speakers w/Sub(RC9)- $348
AM/FM 6 Disc CD/DVD MP3Radi(REQ)- $308
Sirius Satellite Radio(RSC)- $172.00

I was thinking of going with the Stock Radio and the RSC above
iIs this possible or recommended?

Adding RC9 and REQ adds about $660.00
Is this worth it?

Just trying to get some idea on what others are doing.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Stock stereo questions