Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Retrofitting MyGig

Old 02-08-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofitting MyGig

Hello all...

I have ordered the following for my Wrangler:

1. MyGIG Radio (Sales Code RER)
2. GPS Antenna
3. Satellite Antenna
4. Jeep UConnect module for a Jeep Commander
5. Jeep UConnect Rearview Mirror for a Jeep Commander
6. Harnesses / Cables

From what I can figure, the UConnect is only going to work if the UConnect module is plugged into both the UConnect Rearview and the MyGig. As these are going to be parts spec'd for the Commander, I cannot believe that they won't work.

Regardless, my parts guy said he would allow me to return the parts wihtout paying a re-stock for free... We'll see what happens...

Ryan
Old 02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Very very interesting... I cannot wait to see how this turns out! TAKE PICS!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
RLandis

Sounds great.....if you get them before the turn of next century, and it works, I might do the same.....if I'm still alive.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Can you give us a ballpark on the price of all of that equipment?

I called my local dealer and the parts guy quoted me $1860 for the MyGig but he did not know how much any wire harnesses would add to the price.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

I decided to cancel my order and just use my pocket pc instead... It was going to cost me $3000 by the time I got done, I think I'm just going to use a cradle, bluetooth GPS and a mic

Ryan
Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question Does any know???

If it wasn't for us getting the Trail Guide.. I would get this..
Garmin nuvi 680
Does anyone know if it is possible to have something like this Garmin 680 (link above) built in and hard wired to the JK? I know I would still need to have my factory radio left in the dash to use, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the Garmin custom installed using one of the retractable methods.....I know there are units for purchase that are made as retractables but I haven't seen any that have all the options I am looking for....I love this Garmin 680, it has the works and then some.....drawback.....I don't want to do a windshield mount nor do I want to use a cord to the cig. lighter to charge it....

If anyone has ideas or answers I would love to hear them. I am tired of waiting for the My Gig and am trying to find options.

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zero
Can you give us a ballpark on the price of all of that equipment?

I called my local dealer and the parts guy quoted me $1860 for the MyGig but he did not know how much any wire harnesses would add to the price.
Just FYI, the dealer cost on the MyGig is around 1350. Retail is 1500. Around that.

Quick Reply: Retrofitting MyGig