Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another burnt up JK?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another burnt up JK?

I havent seen this video yet...and it's NOT an Unlimited.

It says: "Jeep burned up in the parking lot infront of Hotz Hall at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas. 2-29-2008"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7k6y9IbNTg
Old 05-05-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Heres another link to it on fire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3jSR...eature=related
Old 05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Jeez....another one?

This is one of the reasons I carry 2 fire extinguishers onboard at all times.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just insane that another jeep has burned, this is 2nd 2dr that I have seen, the other was a rental someone posted on here about. This one looks totally stock also. Chrysler and the NHTSA has to do something about this NOW!!!

Maybe we could make a JK-forum petition and send it on to the NHTSA and 20/20, Nightline and others with all the info we know about the Jk's that have burned
Old 05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What the heck is going on? Has anyone figured out whats causing them to ignite?
Thats freaking scary...I have a 4 year old that rides with me everyday. I smell a huge recall.

Last edited by cmpmacchia; 05-05-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by o2dac2000
Although this is def not funny, and shouldn't be happening, about 2:50 into the video the one girl says it's one of those new extended looking jeep things, and than the guy says later on that it's because of the cruise control that there's a recall on. This sucks and there should def be something done about it!
Cruise control recall?? Anyone heard of this?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

While carrying a fire extinguisher onboard is a good thing, don't hesitate to leave them behind and just run away from your Jeep on fire.

The last thing I want to do is be harmed or killed trying to save an insured piece of metal. The second to last thing I want to do is use my fire extinguishers to prevent a total loss and make it possible for my insurance company to stick me with a fixed up crispy Jeep that may have a heat-weakened frame or other components.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol
While carrying a fire extinguisher onboard is a good thing, don't hesitate to leave them behind and just run away from your Jeep on fire.

The last thing I want to do is be harmed or killed trying to save an insured piece of metal. The second to last thing I want to do is use my fire extinguishers to prevent a total loss and make it possible for my insurance company to stick me with a fixed up crispy Jeep that may have a heat-weakened frame or other components.
Agreed. The fire extinguisher is to ensure that everyone gets out alive. After that, best course of action is to just let it burn.

I wish we could find out what's causing this. I was concerned when I heard about 3 of them, worried when I heard about 5 of them...now we're up to 7, and I'm scared. I know it's still a small percentage of the JKs out there, but I don't want to be that .002% when my kids are in the back seat.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that sucks, something needs to be done abou this
Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

I have read somewhere that it was a problem with the automatic transmition .. the oil was geting so hot it was boiling over from the dipstick out splashing the manifold and igniting the fire ... not sure if its true or not but I am thinking of adding another oil cooler for the tranny What do you guys and gals think ??

Quick Reply: Another burnt up JK?