Notices
Fun in the Sun General discussion forum regarding all the fun things we Jeepers do with our Jeep JK Wranglers including camping, fishing, hunting, and geocaching.

Quick Vacation Time Ideas, From Florida

Old 10-03-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was your trip? I'm a like minded dude in orlando as well.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Johnny 5
How was your trip? I'm a like minded dude in orlando as well.
The trip was absolutely kick ass!! I definitely want to go back and spend more time there, but next time I want to go with someone in case something not good happens, preferably someone who is experienced with the more difficult trails like they have there.

Here are some pics I took.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Also, a BIG thanks to those who recommended Uwharrie for my trip. You guys were spot on, awesome place!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by syn-ack
Also, a BIG thanks to those who recommended Uwharrie for my trip. You guys were spot on, awesome place!
one of the best places in the East.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

I know your trip is over, but for the future. Definitely check out Rausch creek in Pa. Awesome place to offroad. They don't let you go out alone but it is really easy to just go and tag along with a group who is running trails you are comfortable with.

I've also been to windrock down in Tn. Again, take a buddy along.

Frankly, I know not everyone agrees, I will never go without someone else. Some of these places you get way too far off the beaten path. (rausch creek is a great example). Most of that place I don't have cell service and you can be pretty far from anyone else where you can't contact anyone. What happens then when you break. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Things happen out there that you can't expect.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cjsmith4
I know your trip is over, but for the future. Definitely check out Rausch creek in Pa. Awesome place to offroad. They don't let you go out alone but it is really easy to just go and tag along with a group who is running trails you are comfortable with.

I've also been to windrock down in Tn. Again, take a buddy along.

Frankly, I know not everyone agrees, I will never go without someone else. Some of these places you get way too far off the beaten path. (rausch creek is a great example). Most of that place I don't have cell service and you can be pretty far from anyone else where you can't contact anyone. What happens then when you break. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Things happen out there that you can't expect.
And glad to see ha had fun. Looks like an awesome place to wheel.

Quick Reply: Quick Vacation Time Ideas, From Florida