Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lifetime Max Care - Should I buy

Old 08-27-2016, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
I got lifetime when I bought the jeep new. I've never before today heard about putting another person on the policy. I won't believe it until someone proves it. I have my policy. I see no where that lists a provision to have a minor listed.
When I got my policy it allows for 2 people to be listed. Mainly if you have it titles with your wife. But since my wife hates my jeep she isn't on the title. I will post a pick of my warranty to show you that's possible. Just not sure if you can do it after the fact.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Just checked my policy. There are two persons on the contract. I put my son down, but I guess most people put their significant other down.

This way if I ever pass the jeep down to him, the warranty goes with it
Old 08-28-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would the warranty still be good after modifications, say a re gear? Like stated previously I wouldn't mind it for the the electrical components but, depending on the dealership they can try to spin anything not to pay.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being re-geared, I wouldn't expect that to be covered parts. I have the warranty because I want the engine and auto trans covered as well as the computer systems. Anything else would be dealt with at home in my garage. But if in 10 years my auto engine goes and needs rebuilt or replaced, they get to swap it out instead of me. That is worth the $2700!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Purchased mine just before I turned 48k. Got a good deal from a dealer in Michigan who was referred by this site. About $2300 payable over a year, and worth every penny since I'm keeping my jeep. Paid for itself when the heater core, radiator and oil cooler had to be replaced due to sludge buildup.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry0071
Being re-geared, I wouldn't expect that to be covered parts. I have the warranty because I want the engine and auto trans covered as well as the computer systems. Anything else would be dealt with at home in my garage. But if in 10 years my auto engine goes and needs rebuilt or replaced, they get to swap it out instead of me. That is worth the $2700!
That's my point, don't care about them not covering that. But if I need say a new transmission will they try and blame the re gear as the reason for failure and not pay for repairs and/ or replacement.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

I opted not to do the extended warranty at 48k. Everything that breaks I just replace and upgrade, I've never actually brought my Jeep to the dealer for any repair. At this point, I doubt much will fail that would be warrantied. I think it's very much owner and vehicle specific. For me and the Jeep, it doesn't make sense.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by epleeds
Just checked my policy. There are two persons on the contract. I put my son down, but I guess most people put their significant other down. This way if I ever pass the jeep down to him, the warranty goes with it
That's pretty cool. In most cases, there's no need to switch the registration when hand down a vehicle to your child. My daughter is 21 and her vehicle is still registered in my name. Problem at least in NJ is that you get your license at 17yrs old, but you are not of "legal" age so therefore the vehicle needs to be registered in an adults name. That was the case for my son's first vehicle which was a TJ. It was registered in my name up until he became a Marine stationed in NC. Due to Marine base insurance requirements, we had to switch the registration to his name. NJ was glad to do that, but charged about $150.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

I'm wondering...let's say you pass your jeep down your kids 10 years or so after buying it. Hopefully you should have paid it off by now so you have the title with no lien holder on it. You then out the jeep in your kids name for insurance purposes over what have you. The jeep needs a repair you think is cover under maxCare. You think the dealer or Chrysler is going to request a copy of the registration if you the parent and original owner take it in to be repaired? I think that clause was more to not cover the jeep after resale or trade in so they can sell more extended warranties on used cars, as opposed to those that stay in the family.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Max Care - Should I buy