Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lifetime Max Care - Should I buy

Old 10-03-2014, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Max Care - Should I buy

Somewhere I thought I read I had to buy my lifetime warranty within the first year or 12,000 miles. The info I have seems to say I have until the end of the 3 year/36,000 mile period. I am right up against the 12,000 mile mark so I don't want to miss out if that is the case.
Should I pull the trigger on this? I plan on keeping the Jeep indefinately, but I guess if I have three years to feel it out, I'll wait.
I have yet to exceed $1,000 in repairs in my other two 14 year old vehicles, combined. Maybe I just care well enough for my vehicles that I should not worry about it?
Old 10-03-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the lifetime warrenty with my used 2010 last Oct. Cost 2300 at my dealership. Have had the gas tank replaced, TIPM replaced, and the trans rebuilt - all covered. Soo for me it was worth it.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Man, it's just personal choice. The past 15 years of buying cars I've always bought the extended warranty. But like you, I take really good care of my cars and have never utilized the warranties. So when I bought my 2014 JK back in March I opted to not get the extended warranty. I did however buy a protection package from the dealership called Zurich Shield. It covers paintless dent repair, the exterior paint, and stains/tears to the leather and carpet for 5 years. That seemed like a much better investment for my purposes. You never know when some a-hole in a parking lot will ding or scratch your door. I think it was only about $3 extra per month.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the lifetime added care on my 09 and had all balljoints replaced twice, tie rods replaced several times, axle u-joints, wheel speed sensors, some gasket not covered under the power train warranty and a bunch of other repairs. The cost of the repairs well outweigh the warranty. Just traded in my 09 for a 14 and got like 400 bucks back on the warranty too. This time I only bought the 5/70k warranty for around 750 instead of the lifetime which is a lot cheaper as Its unlikely I'll have it for life. I never had anything fail that was covered under the max care but not covered under the added care so that's always an option too

Last edited by Croce; 10-03-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kevinlee
I bought the lifetime warrenty with my used 2010 last Oct. Cost 2300 at my dealership. Have had the gas tank replaced, TIPM replaced, and the trans rebuilt - all covered. Soo for me it was worth it.
Hi KevinLee, did you do the added care or maxcare? I looked through the added care documentation and it wasn't clear if the TIPM was covered under the added care. Can't seem to get a clear answer from Chrysler Warranties either and I don't want to purchase the wrong warranty.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

You can get the lifetime maxcare warranty up to 4yrs/48k from In service date.

If you plan on keeping the jeep I think it's worth every penny. Plus you can put two people on the warranty paperwork. I put my 7 you son on it so if If I ever decide to give him the jeep in 10 years, all the major stuff will still be under warranty and covered in his name.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love the idea of putting your kid on with you for the warranty...might do that with my 8 yr old daughter if I pull the trigger
Old 08-25-2016, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky98
Love the idea of putting your kid on with you for the warranty...might do that with my 8 yr old daughter if I pull the trigger
I got lifetime when I bought the jeep new. I've never before today heard about putting another person on the policy. I won't believe it until someone proves it. I have my policy. I see no where that lists a provision to have a minor listed.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LIFETIME WARRANTY PURCHASE(s)

Originally Posted by Dodge4me
Somewhere I thought I read I had to buy my lifetime warranty within the first year or 12,000 miles. The info I have seems to say I have until the end of the 3 year/36,000 mile period. ....
I purchased the lifetime warranty for my 2013 Rubicon JKU 10A over one year after my vehicle purchase and had almost 30,000 miles on the odometer at the time.

I purchased my JKU with the intent of going off road and enjoying the experience. I did not want to ever have to be in the position to have to make a decision to either pay for an expensive repair or park/sell because of an expensive repair. My peace of mind was the real reason for the purchase not whether or not I would break even with regard to repair bills.

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 08-26-2016, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the life time warranty in my 2011JKU. Have used it a couple of times. the $100 deductible is well worth it. My main reason for getting it was for the electrical and electronic systems. We had one on the wife's Lexus and when the A/C system went out it was covered and did not have to shell out the $3500 to get it fixed. I will say that Chrysler will do everything they can to say a warranty is not covered. Last year I hit a standing water puddle on the road and the Jeep went into limp mode. After investigating the dealership determined that the dent in my fuel tank skid caused my fuel lines to get pushed above the fuel tank that resulted in them kinking so the repair was NOT covered under the warranty and cost me $350. But they did cover the rental since it took them so long to diagnose the issue.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Max Care - Should I buy