Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Raxiom or Rosen

Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbied
Also, what's the best way to run the antenna for the gps?
It comes with a metal plate that is sticky on one side so you can place it over your instrument panel under the dashcover /dash bezel
Old 01-19-2015, 03:40 AM
JK Newbie

I was thinking of getting the Raxiom radio, but now i'm not so sure. Cheaper pricetag for the Rosen is a plus and they appear to be identical. The rosen doesn't come with the backup camera, which i wasn't going to use anyway so thats no big deal. Is there anything else it doesn't come with that the Raxiom does?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jbied
I was thinking of getting the Raxiom radio, but now i'm not so sure. Cheaper pricetag for the Rosen is a plus and they appear to be identical. The rosen doesn't come with the backup camera, which i wasn't going to use anyway so thats no big deal. Is there anything else it doesn't come with that the Raxiom does?
I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same other then that. But I'll tell you it is worth it. You won't be let down. It's simple set up, easy to update. To update the maps are probably the most expensive thing though. But it'll be the same for the raxiom as well.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well before you make a purchase, talk to XT Ryan, he is very good at getting forum members a great price. The Raxiom is a Rosen product, and is a very nice system. Extreme Terrain offers a full 2yr warranty, and that was a big plus for me, as most dealers offer one year. I'm very happy with mine, the camera is a great feature, and it is impossible to tell it did not come stock. A very easy install.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Raxiom Phone Controls

Can you answer phone calls from the steering wheel with the Raxiom unit? I currently have the Uconnect system. I am guessing the Connect now goes away and I would be pairing to the Raxiom bluetooth, correct? I am wondering if I am better off purchasing a 430N RHB unit, I really want to be able to answer calls from the steering wheel.

Thank you in advance. I am a new Jeep owner and am loving the community behind Jeep.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wrangled
Well before you make a purchase, talk to XT Ryan, he is very good at getting forum members a great price. The Raxiom is a Rosen product, and is a very nice system. Extreme Terrain offers a full 2yr warranty, and that was a big plus for me, as most dealers offer one year. I'm very happy with mine, the camera is a great feature, and it is impossible to tell it did not come stock. A very easy install.
Can anyone tell me how the Raxiom sounds compared to the Jeep stock (non-Alpine) radios? Does it have enough power to operate upgraded speakers? Is it loud enough to hear with the top off? Thanks!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrizzWolf
Can anyone tell me how the Raxiom sounds compared to the Jeep stock (non-Alpine) radios? Does it have enough power to operate upgraded speakers? Is it loud enough to hear with the top off? Thanks!
Sound quality will be far better but not as good as similarly priced aftermarket HUs from Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood etc. They just have better auto set-up features and EQ.

Not enough to power aftermarket speakers in my opinion. I would suggest at least 70w per channel for top down without distortion.

Don't forget a sub, it is far more important than you think far all kinds of music.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mattk11
Sound quality will be far better but not as good as similarly priced aftermarket HUs from Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood etc. They just have better auto set-up features and EQ.

Not enough to power aftermarket speakers in my opinion. I would suggest at least 70w per channel for top down without distortion.

Don't forget a sub, it is far more important than you think far all kinds of music.
Thanks!
Old 07-15-2016, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks!
MORE QUESTIONS: I'm pretty uneducated about car audio so I beg your patience and thank you all in advance for your knowledge. So if the Raxiom radio for my 2015 Jeep Wrangler doesn't really have the juice to run upgraded aftermarket speakers but I really like the features (like rear camera, etc.) is it possible to add an amplifier to the Raxiom to power upgraded speakers and then, please clarify if I am correct, I would also need a SEPARATE subwoofer and a separate amp for that sub also, correct?

And... once those questions are answered I guess this is the next logical question: considering everything possibly needed in the above scenario and the high cost it will bring, is there ANY good Head Unit out there that would have a built-in amp or enough juice to power upgraded speakers? That would save me the cost of one amp. By the time you pay around $900.00 for the Raxiom H.U. and then around $300.00 for front and soundbar speakers you are up to $1200.00 before you even start thinking about the sub / amp. Thanx.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MORE QUESTIONS: I'm pretty uneducated about car audio so I beg your patience and thank you all in advance for your knowledge. So if the Raxiom radio for my 2015 Jeep Wrangler doesn't really have the juice to run upgraded aftermarket speakers but I really like the features (like rear camera, etc.) is it possible to add an amplifier to the Raxiom to power upgraded speakers and then, please clarify if I am correct, I would also need a SEPARATE subwoofer and a separate amp for that sub also, correct? And... once those questions are answered I guess this is the next logical question: considering everything possibly needed in the above scenario and the high cost it will bring, is there ANY good Head Unit out there that would have a built-in amp or enough juice to power upgraded speakers? That would save me the cost of one amp. By the time you pay around $900.00 for the Raxiom H.U. and then around $300.00 for front and soundbar speakers you are up to $1200.00 before you even start thinking about the sub / amp. Thanx.
Check out the PPI 900.5. 70w x 4 + 440w for the sub and is around $200. Sounds great and puts out the rated power. Connects via RCA inputs.

The other brands of HU I suggested aren't as expensive as the Raxiom and sound better.

There are no aftermarket HUs that put out more than 10-15wpc RMS.

Quick Reply: Raxiom or Rosen