Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Power Window Install using Factory Switches and Bezels

Old 02-18-2016, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted
Awesome write up! Did you do one for the power door locks too?
I did not do a write up on the power door lock install, I apologize. Power door lock is actually a very easy install. I used factory door latches, and door wiring harnesses, which make it basically plug and play. Then I controlled the power door locks via an alarm/keyless entry unit made by Excalibur. I even have remote start installed. I have seen many write ups on this install and figured I would just be using up server space with another thread. Feel free to pick my brain if you are thinking about doing this install.
The following users liked this post:
Montego (11-10-2022)
Old 02-18-2016, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcash616
I did not do a write up on the power door lock install, I apologize. Power door lock is actually a very easy install. I used factory door latches, and door wiring harnesses, which make it basically plug and play. Then I controlled the power door locks via an alarm/keyless entry unit made by Excalibur. I even have remote start installed. I have seen many write ups on this install and figured I would just be using up server space with another thread. Feel free to pick my brain if you are thinking about doing this install.
Sounds good....I plan on doing both right after EJS.

Thanks, Bill
Old 06-09-2016, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

I hate to bump an older thread but I am kinda in a pickle on this mod. I am running the electric life kit without the factory harness. I was wondering if you knew what colored wires from the electric life kit can plugs directly into the factory front switch? Your schematic looks like it runs from the factory harness that you used because I do not have any of the colors you put in the schematic. If I am looking at it wrong please let me know. I have had it connected to the switches that come with the kit but I just scored a console piece with switches for 11 bucks and would like to wire it to the oem switches,

I appreciate it.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

After quite a bit of searching in "you pull it" junk yards I think I've found some good sources for the factory plug to fit directly into the standard JK/JKU switches.

My switches are for the newer type dash which I think is 2012 and newer. I'm not sure what the older switches look like, but I'd guess they are similar. My Jeep is also a JKU so I'm not sure if the two door models are the same or not.

For the front dash wiring plug, the PT Cruiser dash has a plug that matches well. Of course the coloring will be different in whatever year it came from. The plug on the 2004 and 2005 I looked at did have the right pin arrangement. The rear switch plug is different than the JKU plug though.

I found a match for the rear plug in a Jeep Liberty. The one I found was from a 2002. The colors are of course different, but all the connections are there. The switches are a different shape but should fit in the Wrangler rear trim panel. It also looked like the front window plug would work, but on closer inspection it has a couple pins empty where they are needed on the Wrangler so it won't work.

I hope someone else finds this useful. It should make installation a little cleaner and easier if you ever have to replace a switch.

I also have an extra front dash plug, so PM me if you'd like to buy it. It will at least save you a trip.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Hi. Great write up! Quick question: Did the door crank hole plugs come with the kit and do they still rub on your leg? Thanks!
Old 07-18-2016, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor

Default Wrangler power lock kit

This is Mike from Jeeps Are Us. As many of you know, we were probably the first parts seller to offer these kits. While we sell many to installers (who typically install with Viper or Audiovox or similar keyless entry/alarm) many do-it-yourself-ers have also tackled successfully with either a Mopar kit or another after market kit.

Be careful as the Jeep production date may impact the parts required. Feel free to speak with one of our service reps at 877.533.7787 or email us at sales@jeepsareus.com
Old 07-19-2016, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GrizzWolf
Hi. Great write up! Quick question: Did the door crank hole plugs come with the kit and do they still rub on your leg? Thanks!
The crank hole plugs came with my kit.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:15 AM
Former Vendor

Default Wrangler power lock kit

Originally Posted by antny
The crank hole plugs came with my kit.
No they do not come wit the kit but can be added.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepsAreUs
Thanjs for the info!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepsAreUs
My a1 electric kit came with the plugs. So unless you are talking about a different kit you are mistaken

Quick Reply: Power Window Install using Factory Switches and Bezels