Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Exhaust question

Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy_PHA
I bought an aFe power axel back and am happy with the sound. Not annoyingly loud, has a nice deep tone at idle / low RPM and pretty much sound like stock at highway speeds. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money and this fit the bill. Amazon.com: aFe (49-08046) Scorpion 2-1/2" Aluminized Hi-Tuck Axle-Back Exhaust System for Jeep Wrangler JK V6-3.8/3.6L Engine: Automotive
I agree, I just installed the AFE and love the way it sounds. Not loud, but just right at iddle amd take off. Also the price is just right, every other exhaust seems a loud and expensive
Old 06-23-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Aluminized WILL rust. A lot, and soon, especially in a Jeep if you drive it off-road, in inclement weather, snow, creek crossings, etc.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Stay away from the ones with the fancy tip(s) that exit under the bumper if you plan on doing any kind of wheeling as they'll get pinched/torn off. Even the factory exhaust exit isn't immune to that issue if you get into some more technical stuff.

Quick Reply: Exhaust question