Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hauling fishing rods in a JKU mod

Old 04-15-2016, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauling fishing rods in a JKU mod

This is what I came up with last year. Keeps up to 7'6 rods out of the way even on log trips. Just put the ties over the roll bars. Got them at Bass Pro but have seen them at Lowes and Home Depot also.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	643910Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	643911
Old 04-15-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremi414
This is what I came up with last year. Keeps up to 7'6 rods out of the way even on log trips. Just put the ties over the roll bars. Got them at Bass Pro but have seen them at Lowes and Home Depot also.Attachment 643910Attachment 643911
Yep I use these for my Quick Disco's they are Reusable and better than a Zip Tie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Extended.JPG
Views:	526
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	643912  
Old 04-15-2016, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Great idea!
Old 04-15-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremi414
Great idea!
They are Made in the U.S.A

Always a Plus in my book
Old 04-15-2016, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Just ordered a package of 12 inch and a package of 18 inch tied. Thanks for info.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rod Socks

What your doing looks like a good solution, have you considered some Rod Socks, helps avoid tangles. Bass Pro Shops XTS Rod Socks LC | eBay
Old 04-15-2016, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

You guys are lucky.....you should try it in a 2-door!!! That was one little detail I didn't think about when I bought mine. 🙄
Old 04-16-2016, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Pitmaster
What your doing looks like a good solution, have you considered some Rod Socks, helps avoid tangles. Bass Pro Shops XTS Rod Socks LC | eBay
Yep! I use rod socks on 80% of my rods. Just have to buy a few more. Helps with them rattling. On long trips I take the reels off put each rod in a sock then use a tie to bundle a bunch of rods then tie them up to the roll bar. Get them nice and snug and they won't make a sound!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bfschor
You guys are lucky.....you should try it in a 2-door!!! That was one little detail I didn't think about when I bought mine. dde44
I have a 2 dr and I put the receiver hitch rack on, the same one I haul deer on during deer season. I took a 5 gal bucket and cut two holes in it across from each other with a 1" spade bit. I lay some old rags like T shirts in the bottom of the bucket stand my rods up in the bucket then run a ratchet strap through the holes and attach to the rack and cinch it down tight. I then go around the rods just above the reels with a short bungee cord and attach the hooks in the two holes in the bucket. I then take a thin strip of Velcro and wrap the rods near the tips. This holds everything nice and snug and I've gone down the interstate with em and no issues.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kluso50
I have a 2 dr and I put the receiver hitch rack on, the same one I haul deer on during deer season. I took a 5 gal bucket and cut two holes in it across from each other with a 1" spade bit. I lay some old rags like T shirts in the bottom of the bucket stand my rods up in the bucket then run a ratchet strap through the holes and attach to the rack and cinch it down tight. I then go around the rods just above the reels with a short bungee cord and attach the hooks in the two holes in the bucket. I then take a thin strip of Velcro and wrap the rods near the tips. This holds everything nice and snug and I've gone down the interstate with em and no issues.
You got any pics of this?? This idea would work no matter what you drive.

Quick Reply: Hauling fishing rods in a JKU mod