Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

2013 grand cherokee trailhawk on the trail

Old 04-16-2016, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 grand cherokee trailhawk on the trail

Just wondering if any of you guys have ever wheeled a newer grand Cherokee trail hawk or other trim and how it was. Thinking about getting one.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeep-addiction
Just wondering if any of you guys have ever wheeled a newer grand Cherokee trail hawk or other trim and how it was. Thinking about getting one.
For anything more than fire access roads they are horrible. When you raise the air suspension it severely stiffens the suspension to the point that it does not do anything. The suspension pretty much stops soaking up bumps, and gives a bone jarring ride, even with the tires aired down. And this is all at rock crawling speeds, nothing too fast.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply I was wondering with the air suspension aired up how much travel it had. Think if I do get one it won't be a quadralift. I've seen some lifted ones just looking for a rig I can use as daily driver but still take on mild trails. I know you can't beat a wrangler I've had several!

Quick Reply: 2013 grand cherokee trailhawk on the trail