Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WTF is up with the color choices....Just found out.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default WTF is up with the color choices....Just found out.

Well since the end of the 2012 model year, Jeep colors have been spiraling down a crap hole of "depression".

FUN Colors like rock lobster, mango tango, gecko green, surf blue, rescue green, etc have been replaced with slit your wrist colors like ANVIL, GRANITE crystal, RHINO grey, desert tan. ALL depressing even in sound.

Jeep is the "funnest" vehicles on the road and they KILL the fun by putting these drab crappy colors on rigs with drab crappy names.

I just read the post about FCA should spin off JEEP. Now I know why. Fiat is in deaths grasp and they are dragging jeep down with them. So it's only right to put out say, Noose rope grey/tan or prescription drug bottle brown.

For all things that are holy. bring back the FUN in JEEP. Awesome bright colors, not this, this crap that's available now. If I had to buy a new Jeep. I would have to strip it right away and paint it something fun and cool. Not EMO eye makeup purple/black, or gothic loser grey.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my loud detonator yellow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2166193911.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	724.5 KB
ID:	644455
Old 04-21-2016, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I miss my 08 detonator!! Have '15 baja yellow now... Hated dozer.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

The old and the new.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-440318866.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	597.2 KB
ID:	644457  
Old 04-21-2016, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Detonator FTW!

Old 04-21-2016, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
FUN Colors like rock lobster, mango tango, gecko green, surf blue, rescue green, etc have been replaced with slit your wrist colors like ANVIL, GRANITE crystal, RHINO grey, desert tan.
Those colors are more "tough" looking and seem to bolster the Jeep image as a tough/manly vehicle.

I just read the post about FCA should spin off JEEP. Now I know why. Fiat is in deaths grasp and they are dragging jeep down with them. So it's only right to put out say, Noose rope grey/tan or prescription drug bottle brown.
Are you kidding here? I can't tell.

Notice someone posted Wrangler sales numbers in that thread and FCA's choices, whatever they are (different engine, transmissions, colors, interior appointments, options, etc.) have resulted in over double the sales numbers. I think you might be in the minority here.

For all things that are holy. bring back the FUN in JEEP. Awesome bright colors, not this, this crap that's available now. If I had to buy a new Jeep. I would have to strip it right away and paint it something fun and cool. Not EMO eye makeup purple/black, or gothic loser grey.
I agree with you about the colors but I seriously think we are in the extreme minority. I don't think those colors are any more "fun" but they definitely are more interesting to look at. If I could have found an orange or yellow Jeep I would have bought it, but I settled for Billet because the only other choice on the local market was black or white. FWIW my wife hates the silver and would have hated white or the other colors I liked like lime green, orange, yellow, etc., but she thought I should get black. Because it looks tough and manly.

My last car had stripes and numbers on it. Definitely the minority.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the "fun" colors too. Gecko & Crush. It's not everybody's taste, but I'm with you. Jeeps should be fun and bright.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160421_101832.png
Views:	520
Size:	573.7 KB
ID:	644472
Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

I don't drive my jeep to be tough and manly. If you need a jeep to do that....buy a prius. it's more suited. ha ha. Jeeps are about 2 things, exploring and FUN! simple. My wife knows I am a man without even going near the jeep. if you catch my drift.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RubiBus
Detonator FTW!

Awesome. Yellow is deadly looking, I was not a fan of dozer either. that was one of the crossover colors...but its still better than anvil or billet...both sound like what you want to drop on your head to end your life. ha ha.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

BTW, there is a cure.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/collectio...al-solid-color

Nice thing is, you can change it relatively easily. And considering how little exposed sheet metal there really is on a Jeep, and the fact that the doors, grille, hood are all easily removed, it really would be a snap to PD it ... particularly if you have black/unpainted fenders.

Electric Lime Green, Koi Orange, Safety Cone Orange, Yellow, all pretty solid looking colors.

Coupla cans of glossifier on top of any of those and you'd be in business.

Quick Reply: WTF is up with the color choices....Just found out.