Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with Maestro RR

Old 05-03-2016, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whisps1
So to be able to get navigation ones the HU need to be connected to the Internet?
Unless the data is already preloaded into the (HU) hard drive.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by numbah1
Unless the data is already preloaded into the (HU) hard drive.
Numbuh, the sound quality improvement from 730 to the Pioneer is so vast, it's amazing. It's like the difference between AM radio playing under water and a CD player. It is well worth changing it out....and with the new sub under your seat, you will like it a lot.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This radio seems to retain the most functionality from the stock setup- is there anything you don't get to keep? Most of the options I've seen lose the rear speaker fade control (front and rear become fixed level). I like to throw all the sound up front when my kids are crashed out in the back.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have pretty much the same set up, but for some reason when I initially start my jeep and put it in reverse everything works as planned, but once I start driving and touch the screen to see my radio channels it will not go back to the reverse screen if I put it in reverse. If I don't touch the screen and leave it in the objects may appear upside down screen, it will work when I put it back into reverse. Any ideas to what I'm doing wrong?

Great write up by the way
Old 05-04-2016, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ Erok - You can still control the fade and balance.

@ JKCOS - not sure, I dont have a problem. Where is your reverse wire from the radio tapped into? 6 speed or Auto?
Old 05-08-2016, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

I have a question, you wrote for antenna adapter part# Metra 40 eu10. When I looked it up, it had that part for bmw and for Chrysler metra 40-cr10. After reading your post, I want to replace my factory radio to the pioneer avh-4200. I have never replace a car radio but am willing to try. If you have anymore pics or videos, that would be great.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKJeep1
I have a question, you wrote for antenna adapter part# Metra 40 eu10. When I looked it up, it had that part for bmw and for Chrysler metra 40-cr10. After reading your post, I want to replace my factory radio to the pioneer avh-4200. I have never replace a car radio but am willing to try. If you have anymore pics or videos, that would be great.
The antenna I have linked to in my original post is the correct one.

You can see how easy the wiring is from the Maestro install guide here - http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/cor...N_20151201.pdf
Old 05-08-2016, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Thank You. I'm very excited. I will keep you updated with how it comes out.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cpellegren
The antenna I have linked to in my original post is the correct one. You can see how easy the wiring is from the Maestro install guide here - http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/cor...N_20151201.pdf
In these instructions it only mentions using the aftermarket microphone if you are going to use the aftermarket Bluetooth to handles phone calls but does not mention this if you are going to use the oem system. Do you know if there is a way to retain the factory mic? I just really don't like seeing extra wires and things if I don't have to.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whisps1
In these instructions it only mentions using the aftermarket microphone if you are going to use the aftermarket Bluetooth to handles phone calls but does not mention this if you are going to use the oem system. Do you know if there is a way to retain the factory mic? I just really don't like seeing extra wires and things if I don't have to.
Hide the wires like I did for the mic - I hate showing wires too see my pictures - wire the mic across the dash, up the windshield panel, and hook it right where the stock mic is - no wires show and it fits perfectly.

But if not, you can only use your stock microphone for uConnect commands, you cannot use it for calls through the Pioneer Head Unit, or Apple Carplay or Android Auto, you need to use the provided mic.

Quick Reply: My Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with Maestro RR