Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 06-03-2016, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added some tourniquets in the overhead molle panels as well as a belt cutter/window breaker.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-04-2016, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally installed the rear molle panel from Molle Platform Solutions. Plan on putting some Santa Cruz gunlocks and hang my rifle from it.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-05-2016, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I assembled a decent trauma kit. I spend a lot of time at the range and it's only a matter of time before a negligent discharge occurs. Also in the wilderness, anything can happen and usually Murphy is nearby to throw a monkey wrench to make things worse. After several training classes, I've built up a list of gear I know how to use and not some generic bought first aid kit. First pouch on the left is for splints and bandages for sprains and broken bones. Second from the left is for extra dressings and other duplicates in case a multiple casualty situation pops up. Far right is the main kit that is removable from the panel so you can take it with you. It contains all the more serious gear like tourniquets, NPAs, chest seals, coagulant dressings, sterile dressing, shears, gloves, finger light, etc. Second from the right is a folding litter that can be used by one or more people to carry the casualty. On top of that is a strobe for signaling location if needed. There's some work gloves in case some work needs to be performed to access or retrieve the patient, that sterile rubber gloves can't handle. I think that's everything.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited by ReconJeep; 06-16-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Man your setup looks fantastic. I totally love it.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by numbah1
Man your setup looks fantastic. I totally love it.
Thanks. Got some crazy ideas I hope to make happen in the future.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-10-2016, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally found a moment to install the EVO evap skid plate. This thing is solid as hell!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-10-2016, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReconJeep
Added some tourniquets in the overhead molle panels as well as a belt cutter/window breaker. "Ex Umbris Venimus"
Dig the Gerber Crisis mounting!
Old 06-16-2016, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got a ton done today. Installed a Lange hard top hoist. Got the hand crank version. Couldn't justify the extra cost of the electric hoist version for twice a year that I would use it. I also prefer the hand crank version because you can feel tension on the cable if something is hung up. Works very well but is one pulley short. Added the extra pulley because the angle of the cable was getting in the way. Took advantage that the roof was off to do some mods to the rear molle panel.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-16-2016, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since I had my hardtop off with the hoist, I took advantage to do some mods to the rear Molle roof panel. I drilled and secured a fire extinguisher so that it could be accessed by all the occupants. I have a few more in the rear but I wanted one located so that everyone could access it, in case of an accident where the occupants may be pinned down.

I also added some Camelbaks and headlamps that double up as map reading lights for the rear occupants. The new Camlebaks have d-rings that coincide with the headrest posts. It's so easy to pop on and off for either wearing or refilling. The Petzl headlamps can cycle through many intensities and colors depending on need.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 06-17-2016, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dropped off a ton of parts to get color matched to the truck's paint.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build