Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 05-19-2016, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got this 2016 JKU Rubicon in the Mojave Tan. Not my first JK. I had an 09 JKUR when I was overseas. Now I'm back in NC. I got it on a great deal because I wasn't in a hurry to get one. Ran into a couple of other ones but there always something not right. This had only shy of 2000 miles and the price was a steal. It has the two tone leather interior. Guess previous owner had financial or psychological issues and had to give it up. My gain! This is not going to be an extreme build. I already have a Hummer H3 on Dana 60s and 40" tires I use for wheeling. This is going to be my daily driver with off-road capabilities. More like an overland build with top notch protection. I'm aiming at a 2"-3" lift with 35" tires on bead locks. I already set my credit card on fire! Stay tuned as parts come in and I start to build it up. "Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited by ReconJeep; 05-19-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a pic of my 08 JKUR I had overseas. It had many of the same parts I'm planning on adding to the new rig but with no lift. It had to fit in a very low garage so I just limited the up travel to stop rubbing. I won't be doing the slantback hardtop on this new rig. "Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-20-2016, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the JWS led headlights as well as some led markers. I also have the JWS led fog lights but ran out of time to install them.

These came in the mail from Molle Platform Solutions and can't wait to get them on during the weekend.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-21-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Started installing the Molle panels. These things are so well thought out and built. These rear panels are awesome because they serve multiple purposes. The obvious ones are the Molle on the outside for pouches and the ability to use it as a container for loose objects. The not so obvious is that the forward brace also has Molle which allows you to add anything you wish that's accessible for the rear seat passengers.

The folding Molle shelf is by far the best thing this guy has designed. I have the same one on my Hummer and it rocks! I plan to add a removable trauma kit and other smaller amenities. I'll be installing the roof panels later today or tomorrow. Family duties are calling.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-22-2016, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the front molle panel. It's Spod compatible and also great for stuff like a CB or OBD Scanner/Gauges.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-22-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Swapped out the dome light bulbs to red led ones. No more getting blinded at night.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-25-2016, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed a Power Tank base in the rear. Already had the tank from my Hummer. Don't leave home without it!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-25-2016, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good. Nice colour. How come there is no Rubicon sticker?
Old 05-25-2016, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xkid
Looking good. Nice colour. How come there is no Rubicon sticker?
Thanks. I like discretion.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-25-2016, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReconJeep
Thanks. I like discretion.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Cool.

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build