Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 07-27-2016, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dstolp
Great looking build, I love all of the MPS stuff.
Thanks. He definitely makes awesome stuff.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 07-30-2016, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ramped the truck to dial in the adjustable bump stops. It was close to 1000! Once I get some high clearance fenders I'm sure I can get a bit more flex.

The bad news is that the drive shaft is getting hung up on the EVO evap skid. :( I'm guessing I'm going to have to replace drive shaft to a thinner one. "Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-02-2016, 10:30 AM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ReconJeep

Ramped the truck to dial in the adjustable bump stops. It was close to 1000! Once I get some high clearance fenders I'm sure I can get a bit more flex.

The bad news is that the drive shaft is getting hung up on the EVO evap skid. :( I'm guessing I'm going to have to replace drive shaft to a thinner one. "Ex Umbris Venimus"
Why not just relocate it. Cheaper than a new drive shaft.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ade
Why not just relocate it. Cheaper than a new drive shaft.
That's what I've been contemplating. Will have to sell the EVO skid after that.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-05-2016, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got back from overseas. It's about to get serious with mods!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-06-2016, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Started installing the first of the color matched parts. I did them all in flat Mojave Sand instead of shiny clear coated. I chose the Teraflex rocksliders because it has the wide step. It helps keep obstacles away from the truck and the wife has somewhere to step on when getting in. I'm aware that it accumulates crap on there but it's primarily a daily driver, so I'll clean it off the few times I get to hit the trails.

I added some clear skateboard grip tape to make getting in less lethal on wet days.

I like how it's starting to look. Can't wait to get the other color matched parts. Later down the road I'll also do the hardtop.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-10-2016, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Time to get rid of the cheap factory plastic bumper and replace it with a nice Warn one. Install wasn't too bad but since it's so damn hot out, it became a bit of a sweat fest.

I like the simplicity and look of the Warn bumper. I also like that it wraps around the corners to protect them. Tomorrow, the front bumper.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-11-2016, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Time to tackle the front bumper and skid plate.

What a pain it was. Holes didn't line up. Bracket was missing. Fortunately Warn customer service is on point and sent it out. I have the winch mount and winch, but won't install it for now. I'm doing a custom winch install with an industrial contactor instead of the solenoid pack, and will require custom made cables. In the pics the color looks off, but it's because it's a flat version of Mojave Sand instead of glossy. It does match quite well.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-15-2016, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Today was fender day! Will be installing River Raiders +2" fenders that have been color matched. It turned out to be quite and ordeal since they didn't fit with the Teraflex rocksliders. Had to do quite a lot of trimming , and then repaint them. It ended up taking close to 10 hours. Since I worked into the night, the finished pics won't be till tomorrow.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-16-2016, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fenders are on! The look I had envisioned is really starting to come together.

Once I get the Huthcinson beadlocks back from paint and they get mounted, the truck will get a much better stance. Plan to get taller spring for the rear too because right now they're nearly bottomed out and the truck is unloaded.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build