Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 08-20-2016, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Color matched and installed some light protectors. You can barely tell they're there since they're the exact same color. I also have the ones for the markers but they don't fit on the LED version. Lens is thicker and I will have to fab something to make it work. Tomorrow: install the Crawler Concepts fender liners that I color matched. "Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited by ReconJeep; 08-20-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got the marker protectors modified and fitted. Much better now that it has the matching pair. Would be nice if there was a similar version for the fog lights. That bumper looks bare without a winch. Can't wait to install it once and for all.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-21-2016, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Painted and installed the Crawler Concepts fender liners. They're very well made but required quite a bit of fitting. Especially because of the Fox shocks and adjustable bump stops. One of the mounting points of the River Raider fenders also got in the way and had to modify the liner.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-21-2016, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

She's looking damn good, bro. Keep up the great work!
Old 08-25-2016, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by numbah1
She's looking damn good, bro. Keep up the great work!
Thanks. Got lots planned. Just short on time and cash...... Just like everyone else.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-29-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the Tuffy security deck enclosure #326. It was very simple and fast to install. It's very well made and compatible with the rear seat spacers that lean the bench back. This version is awesome because you can remove the lid if you need extra space. You can also remove the side and rear walls if you need to load the rear with collapsed seats. It's comes prepared for the subwoofer or without it.

My only complaint is that it doesn't have anything to hold the lid open. I'm guessing because of the way that the lid can be removed. I'm going to have to fab a folding rod like the hood. I did have to remove my Power Tank from the right roll bar or the lid wouldn't open. Will have to look for a new home. HiLift also had to go from behind the seat to under the rear seat. May mount it on the lid in the very rear so it doesn't weigh down the lid when opening it.

The lid doesn't have a lock because the tailgate is what holds it shut. To open the lid, you have to slide it back before pulling up, so with the tailgate closed it can't be opened. Very well thought out. I'm planning on adding some rails on the sides of the lid so I can tie down cargo on it of needed.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Range day! Got to try out the Tuffy Security Deck as well as the Molle Platform Solutions fold down panel. Having the deck makes organizing gear at the range so much easier than having everything all over the trunk. Wish it had some sort of gas strut or bar to hold it open when needed.

The MPS fold down panel is so practical. Love it!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 09-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damm thats a nice jk!
Old 09-02-2016, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by United States of Stance
Damm thats a nice jk!
Thanks!! Can't wait to get the winch mounted so the front doesn't look so bare.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 09-03-2016, 02:12 AM
JK Newbie

Very nice!

Would something like this be possible to help with keeping the lid up? Dee Zee Tailgate Assist : Cabela's

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build