Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Truck lites passanger side flicking

Old 05-19-2016, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck lites passanger side flicking

Had my truck lites for some time now and the passenger side started flicking again I don't know what can this be because I have the anti flick with the lites

If I can't fix this I think I will have to give up on truck lites this is the second time this happen to me

The first time I fix it by removing connection and clean them also I use electrical grease now I did the same and did not work still flicking what can I do now ?
Old 06-15-2016, 10:24 PM
JK Newbie

I wish I had the solution, but I do share in the same problem. Currently deployed and my wife actually put the old headlights back in because they kept flickering. So, I am interested in the solution also.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

It might be a bad headlight. I had the same problem. One kept flickering. Tried adding dielectric grease, and it fixed for a little bit. Came back. I tried swapping the anti flicker module to see if it was the module, same side still flickered. Finally, I called trucklite and had them replace it. Problem solved, no more flicker.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Don't get me started with this. I received a pair as a gift from a friend who had sold her jeep. Installed them. One kept flickering no matter what side I put it on or what plug I used. $100 I spent trying different abut flicker devises. Went round and round with truck lite about it and all they did was put a tech guy on the phone who said, "yeah sounds like a bad light." So I then get an email from their illustrious customer service saying "since you didn't actually buy them we can't do anything for you." That was the end of my dealings with truck lite. You would think a company as big as they are, who pride themselves on customer service would say just send it back to us and we will replace it for you. Nope didn't happen.
Three weeks of dealing with those jokers about their lights. Thanks for getting me fired up again. I thought I was over it.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:38 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the feint flicker, if you want to call it that, isnt' an issue for many of us. Having said that, I did have one that would completely flicker off and stay off. It was still under the 3 year warranty so they replaced it no questions asked.

If you're concerned about long time use past 3 years, fork the extra cash for the JW Speakers with the lifetime warranty.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeroze
Don't get me started with this. I received a pair as a gift from a friend who had sold her jeep. Installed them. One kept flickering no matter what side I put it on or what plug I used. $100 I spent trying different abut flicker devises. Went round and round with truck lite about it and all they did was put a tech guy on the phone who said, "yeah sounds like a bad light." So I then get an email from their illustrious customer service saying "since you didn't actually buy them we can't do anything for you." That was the end of my dealings with truck lite. You would think a company as big as they are, who pride themselves on customer service would say just send it back to us and we will replace it for you. Nope didn't happen.
Three weeks of dealing with those jokers about their lights. Thanks for getting me fired up again. I thought I was over it.
So did your friend buy the lights? If so, why didn't she use her warranty? If not, then you're the third owner.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same issue. Contacted customer service and they said add dielectric grease as well as zip tie the connections together and if the issue continued to send them back and they would replace them. Since I zip tied them I haven't had any issues
Old 01-20-2017, 10:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fix flicker forever

Originally Posted by brankz
Had my truck lites for some time now and the passenger side started flicking again I don't know what can this be because I have the anti flick with the lites

If I can't fix this I think I will have to give up on truck lites this is the second time this happen to me

The first time I fix it by removing connection and clean them also I use electrical grease now I did the same and did not work still flicking what can I do now ?
Go to jeep and have sales code 5sx quad led lights added to your jeep. It tells the tipm to change the way it supplies power to the headlights. Comes from when Mopar resold jw speaker lights as Mopar. Had this added some time ago. No anti flicker harness and no flicker.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was out for a long time here the solution is taking the headlight out clean connection use some electrical grease and install them again
I will get the same problem again after some time right after playing in mud water or similar

Problem..? Don't know
Old 02-11-2017, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickjk33
I had the same issue. Contacted customer service and they said add dielectric grease as well as zip tie the connections together and if the issue continued to send them back and they would replace them. Since I zip tied them I haven't had any issues
they told me the exact same thing lol I think they just read what the pic says

Quick Reply: Truck lites passanger side flicking