Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Cobra 75 Overhead

Old 08-17-2016, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the round tube behind the CB? Appears to be a camera?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AristotleJK
Nice setup. Have to ask what is the round tube behind the CB? Appears to be a camera?
Yup. It's an old Blackvue. And the fact it has that shape is the reason why I bought it. It's small, simple, out of the way, and by cutting a small notch out of the plastic for the mounting clip that's supposed to go on the windshield, it mounted perfectly up top.

It's not the best camera in the universe, the microphone is pretty much useless, and it was definitely overpriced, but it fits so perfectly right there. Most dashcams are large and bulky, so this one made sense. Having the CB up there now draws slightly more attention to it, but prior to that, nobody ever noticed it.

I've got it wired to the 12v outlet, so it's on when the Jeep is running. I originally bought it to record wheeling trips, but it has worked much better in general traffic situations. I used it to identify the driver responsible for a hit-and-run accident that was in front of me and it came in handy when a cop pulled me over and claimed I was speeding.

Quick Reply: Cobra 75 Overhead